Dunmore Town Villa Rental Photos and Description
House, 5 Bedrooms + Office, 5 Baths, (Sleeps 16)
- Please Note - Choose the amount of the house you need and only pay for that portion; you will STILL have the entire property to yourself. $450/night minimum rate quoted above is per night rate for MAIN house only during low season for the minimum 2 night stay (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms; sleeps 6 max.). The $933/night maximum rate is for the entire house (5 bedrooms, 5 full bathrooms) for the minimum 2 night stay during high season and the maximum number of guests (16). DISCOUNTS are given for week stay, low season and 4 week stay or longer. Please email us for an exact quote for your group. THANKS!
- 180° Sunset Harbour Views
- 2-5 Bedrooms (plus sitting room/ office) / 2-5 Bathrooms available in total (16 People max.). Choose the number of rooms you need and only pay for those from two to five bedrooms
- Only rented to one group at a time
- Daily maid service included in rental price (except Sundays and holidays)
- Dinner Cook included in rental price (except Sundays and holidays; guests provide menu and food). No need to arrange a cook on a daily basis; our cook is at your service.
- Large and private, fully walled/ fenced garden with hammock, BBQ, colorful and fragrant flora. Garden is lit for romantic night time feel. There is even an OUTDOOR SHOWER with hot and cold water!
- Private Dock - for dinghy or rented Boston Whaler
- Automatic back-up generator
- Impressive Water Views from 3 of the Bedrooms, living room, upstairs sitting room & the kitchen!
- Bedrooms may be configured for 5 couples - 4 w/ Kings, 1 w/ Queen; Or for 3 families - with 2 rooms (w/ 4 beds per room) for kids and 3 rooms for parents (2 w/Kings & 1 w/ Queen)
- BEACH MEMBERSHIP with 6 chairs and 3 umbrellas all set up and waiting for you right between the two most popular resorts on the island (FREE to Blue Dolphin guests; additional chairs and umbrellas may be rented for a nominal daily fee)
- POOL MEMBERSHIP just a few short blocks from the Blue Dolphin
- WEDDING Venue - Great location for an intimate wedding (see photo; to see more wedding photos, use link to Blue Dolphin website then click on Photo Gallery within Harbour Is. heading)
You'll know you're 'not in Kansas anymore' in this charming waterfront Cape Cod style home on beautiful and historic Bay Street. The serenity and beauty of the Blue Dolphin and it's property make it a perennial favorite for photo shoots of catalogs (including Island Company 2007) and magazine/ newspaper articles from Vogue April 1999 to the Wall Street Journal April 23-24, 2011 D10.
The home is ideal for large family gatherings or for couples who want the flexibility of a large house when family or friends are visiting and a cozy cottage when they are alone. The main house on the ground floor sleeps six and includes two bedrooms and two full baths. It may be rented by itself or guests may choose to add up to three additional bedrooms and bathrooms in incremental prices as needed. THE BLUE DOLPHIN WILL ONLY BE RENTED TO ONE GROUP AT A TIME.
The fabulous 180 degree harbour view climaxes each evening with colorful and varying sunsets which may be enjoyed from any one of four porches (front patio; side bedroom covered porch, upstairs sun deck and private master bedroom balcony).
The Blue Dolphin has its own dock right out in front for your dinghy or rented Boston Whaler. The house also has a large and lovely lighted backyard garden filled with beautiful hibiscus, fragrant jasmine, colorful alamanda flowers, a rustic, but very functional barbeque pit and hammock.
Harbour Island was rated #1 in the region of the Caribbean, the Bahamas and Bermuda by Travel & Leisure in 2005 'Best Of' issue, August 2005. The BEACH has been rated one of the 10 best in the World by Condé Nast magazine and was #1 on the Travel Channel's '10 Best Beaches in the Caribbean' 2003 episode. The water in the harbour and at the beach is crystal clear azure, so inviting.
The Blue Dolphin is conveniently located only blocks from shops, restaurants and a short walk or even shorter golf cart ride (preferred mode of island travel) to the famous three mile pink sand beach.
Enjoy 'the best of both worlds' spending your days at the beach and your mornings and evenings on the scenic and tranquil harbour.
Finally, the Blue Dolphin is one of very few houses on the island that include daily maid and dinner cook (except Sundays and holidays), so you're really on vacation!
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
About Professor James (Jamie) & Kathy Pratt
Here is a family picture of the Pratts at their vacation home the 'Blue Dolphin' on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. Jamie and Kathy are the parents and the 'boys' are Jason (& his wife Aleksandrina),Ryan and Dylan. Jamie (James) is a distinguished full Professor at the Indiana University, Kelley School of Business in Bloomington, IN. Kathy is a former CPA, homemaker and community volunteer.
Professor James (Jamie) & Kathy Pratt purchased this villa in 1991
Why Professor James (Jamie) & Kathy Pratt chose Dunmore Town
Jamie has been going to Harbour Island since 1961 when his Grandfather 'discovered' it and began spending every winter there. Jamie travelled down with his family at Christmas time most every year; they would stay in various rental houses - usually on the Coral Sands property. He made friends with many local Bahamian boys - he is still friends with them 50 years later.
His grandfather called 'Colonel Pratt' supported the islanders by assisting them in the purchase of fishing boats, etc. Colonel Pratt held a Christmas party each year for the island children and gave them each a schilling (English currency at the time) and lots of candy; Jamie and the other grandchildren helped with the party and enjoyed it as much as the islanders.
Kathy began going to the island when she started dating Jamie in college and fell in love with it (and him) right away! They married and moved to Seattle, Washington. It was a long trip to Harbour, but they visited as often as possible. When they eventually moved back to the midwest, they decided to 'take the plunge' and invest in the island - they have not been sorry!
The 'boys' have been going since birth (some of them in-utero).
They all love it and hope you will too!
What makes this villa unique
The benefits of staying at the Blue Dolphin include Jamie's special love of gardening which shows in the beautiful and fragrant gardens that surround the house and Kathy's attention to detail within the house itself. Check the vrbo site for all the amenities - a long list. Jamie and Kathy tried to take the best ideas from the many rental homes they have stayed in over the years and incorporate them into their own property while adding a few things they wished they'd had at some of those homes.
Kathy remembers hanging clothes on the line when owners either did not have or would not let the renters use the dryer - not at the Blue Dolphin; a full size washer and dryer are available. For those guests who really do like the fresh air scent of clothes dried on the line, there is a clothes line available as well. WiFi is available for guests who want to stay in touch while lounging on the front patio or back by the fire-pit, etc.
Kathy and Jamie have always preferred the harbour - sunset side of the island, but they know that the world-famous pink sand beach on the sunrise side is a major attibute of the island as well. So, they have arranged a beach membership to provide 6 beach lounge chairs and 3 shade umbrellas all set up and wiating on a daily basis right between the two most popular resorts on the beach for no extra charge for Blue Dolphin guests. Additional chairs and umbrellas may be utilized for a nominal daily charge.
What are you waiting for!
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We all had a really good time while we were there and thought that the improvements to the house were great. I loved all of the extra balconies and (while I haven’t seen tons of other homes) really think the back yard must be special. I doubt there are many locations that offer as much in terms of the overall package - gorgeous beaches; low key, friendly people; ease of getting around and the access to an occasional lovely meal out. And with kids having the beach right next to a pool while still being able to get to your own house with enclosed outdoor space (fully fenced yard), nothing beats it. It is a special place." Best, JBH