Leave your car, your shoes and the noise of the city behind. Ocean Beach on Fire Island is a charming community without cars, where the residents walk barefoot to the beach, ride bicycles (weekdays) and use wagons to carry their belongings. We have enjoyed our summers here for 40+ years, and we think your family will love it too.
Ocean Beach offers a playground, library, movie theatre, children's day camp, tennis and basketball courts and softball field. Catholic and Protestant churches and a Synagogue are nearby.
Lovely, 100 year old 3BR beach house with modern amenities.
• Close to beautiful beach with lifeguards on duty in season.
• Convenient to shopping and restaurants
• Spacious living room with exposed beam ceilings and southern venting skylights
• New kitchen appliances includes dishwasher and microwave
• Wireless and DishTV
• Front and back screened-in porches
• Large private deck with BBQ and patio furnishings
• Outdoor half bathroom and enclosed open air shower
• Backyard blueberries for blueberry pancakes!
- No smoking anywhere on the property.
- No pets.
- Maximum Occupancy: 6 per Village of Ocean Beach
This cottage is one of the few remaining original cottages in Ocean Beach (circa 1906). It has been in our family since 1970 and we have tried to retain the traditional qualities of a seasonal beach house. This is classic and humble home with the amenities we believe will be both comforting and welcoming.
Original Fire Island beach cottage. Very rare to find a home with large deck and 2 (front & back) screened-in porches.
Spend the day at the beach or take a short walk to the village facing the Great South Bay. There you will find bayside swimming with lifeguard, bay-front restaurants, grocery stores and many shops.
The town of Ocean Beach has a playground, children's day camp, tennis and basketball courts, softball field, library, cinema, water taxi and ferry to other Fire Island communities. Catholic and Protestant churches and a Synagogue are nearby. East of Ocean Beach is the 'Sunken Forest,' part of the National Seashore, a nice day hike.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.