Canaan Valley House Rental Photos and Description
5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 10
* Welcoming, 5 bedroom, 3 bath mountain vacation house in Old Timberline in the Canaan Valley of West Virginia
* Outfitted to meet your vacation needs - linens, paper products, well equipped kitchen, gas grill, firewood
* Loaded with mountain charm yet equipped with high speed Internet and cable TV
* Privately set away from the road on three wooded acres with trails and spring fed pond
* Huge wraparound porch with Adirondacks and wicker swing for enjoying sunsets and the parade of wildlife
* Easy access to Timberline Ski Resort, Canaan Valley Ski Resort and Blackwater Falls State Parks, Dolly Sods
* Short scenic drive to quaint mountain towns of Davis and Thomas with art galleries, unique cafes and antiques.
Bedroom 1 - king bed,
Bedroom 2 - two full beds,
Bedroom 3 - queen bed,
Bedoom 4 - full bed,
Bedroom 5 - twin bed
We take great pleasure in sharing our vacation home. Dancing Bear is enhanced by antique accents, handcrafted quilts and local crafts, original and unique paintings, and mountain decor. We treat it as our home and you will feel that as soon as you walk through the door. We try to think of everything so all you have to do is settle in and enjoy.
For the outdoor enthusiasts, we have walking sticks, maps, a tepee for kids, sleds for the hill, and a national wilderness to explore right out your door. There is a seasonal mountain stream perfect for kids exploration and enjoyment. Dancing Bear has been the setting for family reunions, birthday celebrations, welcome home celebrations, and Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations. We appreciate the many repeat visitors who have incorporated Dancing Bear into their vacation traditions.
Dancing Bear is managed by a local property manager to ensure rapid response to your vacation needs.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
About Karen Williams
Family originally from the midwest who found ourselves in the busy DC metropolitan area. We looked for a place where we could enjoy nature, bond as a family and enjoy the great outdoors. We found it in the Canaan Valley!
Karen Williams purchased this house in 1995
Why Karen Williams chose Canaan Valley
Our family of five fell in love with the entire area. It is such a naturally beautiful area with trees that you would expect to see in Canada. There is only one stoplight in the county and the pace of life is so relaxed. Your focus is different here - the beauty of new snow, the sound of Canada Geese, the sound of the fire crackling in the fireplace. This has been such a great way to decompress from our hectic lives in Northern Virginia. The kids are older now but we will always have fond memories of the the great times we shared there.