Nestled in the pristine woods at Powder Mill in Londonderry, this beautiful vacation home sleeps up to 10 with 4 bedrooms plus balcony, 2 living rooms, fireplace, dining area, fully equipped kitchen, 3 baths, sauna, and laundry/mud room. It is located only minutes from Magic Mountain, Bromley and Stratton ski areas. Cross-country ski and snowmobile trails abound.
Several friends and I got together to rent this house for the 2011/2012 ski season. Located about 25 minutes from Stratton, 20 minutes from Bromley, and an hour from Killington, it provided a convenient mid-point for the different mountains we wanted to go to. It is an adorable home with everything that we needed. Some things we particularly liked were:
• Large dining room table & church pews - great for group dinners and games
• Stocked Kitchen - enough pots and pans to cook for a large group of people
• Propane Grill - grilled steak and veggies for dinner in the middle of winter? Sure!
• Sauna - definitely helped some sore muscles
• Firewood provided - loved that we didn't have to get this ourselves, as we used the fireplace every night we stayed there
• Linens provided - there was never a shortage of towels, sheets, blankets, bedding and pillows
• Washer/Dryer - we never needed to haul home dirty or damp ski clothing.
• Internet/utilities/plowing/trash removal included - as a group of renters, it was fantastic that we had no "hidden costs" and all costs were settled up front
Throughout the season, we looked forward to escaping NYC on the weekends (sometimes mid-week, for the lucky ones) and coming up to this cozy and comfortable retreat. Plus, with a group of friends, it's definitely one of the most affordable properties in the area!
My wife and I always judge the quality of a rental by how good a night's sleep we get - in that case, this is probably the best home we've rented in the last 15 years! Not only were the beds comfortable but the house had everything we needed, was well-kept and comfortable and we even used the sauna on a sort-of chilly night!
We went there for a week with our 2 kids and two other couples and their kids, and we had a blast. Big family dinners around the table, walks down to the lake and perfect sleeping!
Cara and Ted are super-nice and they have a great spot. It was a great value for the money and I would stay there again.
Offering year round activities, you may wish to: Hike the peaceful Vermont Mountains. Enjoy a round of golf on several near by courses. Spend an evening at the Weston Theater. Dine at one of the many fine local restaurants. Revel in the magnificent fall foliage. Shop the Manchester outlets. Relax after an active day in front of the cozy fireplace.