The house is 2km from Pierantonio, a village with good range of services. Umbertide is the nearest large town at 10kms. Perugia is 25km away and its airport can be reached in 20 mins. Ancona, Florence and Rome airports are about 2 hours by car. This self catered villa is available all year round; has central heading; bedlinen and towels provided. Pierantonio – 2 minutes from the villa. Pierantonio is ideally located for visits to Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi, Spoleto and Lago di Trasimeno as well as exploring other parts of Umbria and Tuscany. Umbertide - a small town 10 mins from the villa, which, in the area, is second in importance only to Città di Castello, was founded at around the 10th century according to the wishes of Uberto son of the King of Italy, and took the name of "Fracta filiorum Uberti". We recommend going to market morning on Wednesdays. Other towns worth visiting in the area – between 20-60 mins away: Montone, Citta del Castello, Gubbio, Assisi, Montepulciano.
For a small village, Pierantonio is well served by a good range of shops covering most basic needs including :
• 1 small supermarket - is end of village, turning on left from house – fully stocked - G/F: fresh fruit/veg counter, deli & wine; 1/F: household goods, pants, socks, tight. + have good self-service dryer (supermercato)
• 2 Butchers - same side as bank (macellaio)
• 1 Greengrocer verduriere
• 2 Ironmongers ferramenta
• 1 Bakery panetteria
• 1 Laundry/dry cleaner lavanderia/lavasecco
• Newspapers/Tobacco shop with fax + photocopying services
• Kitchen/Homewares – Cozzari in high street which has expensive china, ornaments, glass etc…
• TV/Radio and electrical appliances
• Ladies hairdressers
• Bars including Maxims which produces excellent ice cream/sorbet
• and serves what we think is the best cappuccino in Umbria and beyond
• Post Office
• Bank - open 8.30-12.30; 3.20-4pm
• Flower shop
There is also a small weekly market on Tuesday mornings.
UMBERTIDE (10 kms away) has a much larger range of shops and services:
• A cheaper supermarket called Euro-spin which has a good fish selection.
• A large Coop supermarket which is of a high standard with fresh meat and fish daily and a good selection of wines.
• An excellent Rosticceria which is open every day except Monday and sells a good range of cold and hot prepared foods.
• ‘Enoteca’ wine shop on the right as you drive in - is open Tuesday-Saturday 5-8pm
• Bakery around the corner from the wine shop, which sells different types of break – and the ‘shutter’ only opens in the mornings
• L’enoteca wine club – Patrick Piccioni (speaks English) who can arrange wine tastings and tours.
• Outdoor & indoor swimming pool with ‘tyre’ slide, just opposite the Coop.
• Several boutique clothes shops worth visiting!
The booking terms require a 40% deposit of the full rental to secure the reservation within 7 days from an interest in booking. The remainder rental is payable 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the booking together with a refundable Security Deposit of 500.00 Euro. The deposit will be fully refunded two weeks after departure provided there is no damage to the property and its contents or its garden/pool. Check in time is 2pm. Check out time is 11am.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
Jul 1 2013 - Jun 29 2014
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (Euro) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.