|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
UPSCALE PEACEFUL COMMUNITY
Located on historic Mud Island, this home is minutes away from all of the downtown Memphis action. This home is ideal for friends get a ways, honeymoons, family gatherings, meetings and other special occasions.
After a great day in Memphis, you can retreat to this peaceful environment and the comforts of this luxury townhouse. It is equipped with all the comforts of home and so much more. It is completely furnished with antiques and original art in harmony with shabby chic furnishings. It is a setting of both luxury and comfort. The private garage entrance makes parking easy. This has been a plus for those in the entertainment business who want privacy. The home is equipped with necessities and starter supplies.
Minutes from: Tour agencies, The FedEx forum (NBA Grizzlies arena), National Civil Rights Museum, Underground Railroad museum, Orpheum Theater, Auto Zone Park, Peabody Place, South Main Art District, Cannon center, Downtown Memphis restaurants and world famous Beale Street, BBQ Joints and more.
* The owners reserve the right to modify rates and policies at any time
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the sleeping situation? Sleeps up to 6 people (king bed in master suite, a full sized bed in second bedroom suite (both are upstairs) and a full sized Japanese futon in the Den/BR downstairs. The sofa in the LR is also very comfy. Each bedroom has an attached full bath.
2. What is the best way to get downtown - cab, walk or drive? Our guests have done all three. Some guests have walked the entire way to the downtown action. Some have parked their cars at the base of the bridge and walked over the bridge to take the trolley. The bridge is only 2/10 of a mile long. Others drive and park downtown at the many garages, meters, lots or free parking. Your drive to the action would be about 2-3 minutes were it not for the traffic lights.
3. Are cabs hard to get? Cabs are readily available, just look in the phone book or on the net and call them up. You can also catch them in front of the hotels on your way back.
4.May I have an address so I can map it? So sorry, we cannot give out the address until the house is booked, but you can use this address to get a general idea of directions and distance:
113 Harbor Town Sq.
Memphis, TN 38103
Once the home is booked you will receive the address, directions and entry instructions.
5. Do you rent by the night? Yes, but a one night will cost more ($389 + ADM) On Weekends rates are $500.00/night.
6. How far away are you from Graceland? Total distance: 10.2 miles.
Estimated travel time: 0:15 minutes.
7. When is check in and checkout time? Check in is at 4:00 PM and checkout is at 10:00 AM. We ask that all guests please stick to the 10:00 AM checkout time. The housekeeper needs much more time to clean an entire house between guests. PLEASE DO NOT CHECK IN EARLY WITHOUT CHECKING WITH THE AGENT.
8. Are linens available? Yes, the house is equipped with linen, towels, spices, start up paper products (to purchase more supplies, there is a grocery store in the community or off the island. You will want to bring your personal grooming products.
9. Can the house be viewed prior to commitment? Most certainly, as long as there are no guests there and we can agree on a mutual time.
10. What if I want to have a party? All parties must be approved. Neighbors are only too happy to report parties…
11. How do I gain entrance to the home? You will receive all info when you have booked the place.
12. Where do we park? The house has a private garage in back with a remote door opener. There is also parking on the street. Please avoid blocking mailboxes or mail will not be delivered.
Rental Agreement and Cancellation Policies
1. See all updated policies at http://www.vrbo.com/117880
2. Please no parties without permission. Neighbors are only too happy to report parties.
3. Pet and smoke free environment (in consideration of others with allergies and other respiratory conditions, please do not violate this rule.) Please smoke outside.
4. Sorry, refunds are not given for maintenance or repair problems that may occur during your stay. We will strive to make repairs as soon as possible. Refunds are also not given for problems that are beyond our control, i.e. weather conditions, blackouts, repairs being done on neighbor’s homes (noise levels), city repairs on infrastructure, (pipes, wires, roads etc.). Please read refund policies on the web site: http:// http://www.vrbo.com/117880
5. Please do not make a commitment unless you are sure. You may have seen some sites with different information. For the most current information, policies, and the availability calendar, please refer to: http://www.vrbo.com/117880
6. Please read the brochure on the table inside the home for other policies and information.
7. The owner reserves the right to change fees and policies at any time before potential guests commit to a reservation.
8. Check out- all guests should pick up behind themselves. Furniture must be put back in place (sofa bed let up), garbage taken out to dumpster, keys and garage door remote control put back where you found them.
9. It is important that you read the brochure on the kitchen table when you arrive. Pay attention to the departure checklist.
10. Renters Insurance - We want travelers to feel comfortable and confident when renting a property through our community of websites. Home Away, Inc. is proud to offer extra security through our Home Away Carefree Rental Guarantee! Once your booking is confirmed with the owner, you can register your trip at http://guarantee.homeaway.com. http://guarantee.homeaway.com./
Please observe our pet Free, no smoking and, parties without sanction policies
We seek guests who understand the value of what they are getting for such a great rate. We want all of our guests to treat this home as if it were their own, well…maybe even better. It is obviously not all about the money. It is about sharing and caring… The owners are so thrilled when guests feel at home here and that they enjoy Memphis as well. That is why we strive to keep the cost reasonable and the quality high. We trust that you are exactly the kind of guest(s) that we welcome to this home again and again.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
a. Refunds are given in full if a cancellation is made within 45 days prior to checkin or if there is a loss of property use (i.e.damage to the home)
b. No cash refunds when partial payments are made. FEES MAY BE APPLIED TO FUTURE RENTALS.
**. Please allow up to two weeks for refunds.
c. Cancellations less than 45 days prior to your arrival will not warrant a refund, but the payments can be applied to future rentals. Credits must be used within one year from the date of cancellation or they will be forfeited.
f. Refunds are not given when there is a maintenance or repair problem that may occur during your stay. We do strive to correct problems as soon as possible.
g. Discounts are not in effect on fees when credits are used.
h. Only one cancellations allowed where credits are given.
i. No refunds for acts of God. You may apply FEES to rentals made within one year of the cancellation minus 15%.
Renters Insurance - We want travelers to feel comfortable and confident when renting a property through our community of websites. Home Away, Inc. is proud to offer extra security through our Home Away Carefree Rental Guarantee! It offers our traveler’s additional protection and peace of mind starting at low rates! The Carefree Rental Guarantee from Home Away guarantees 100% of a traveler’s payment up to $10,000 in the event of Internet fraud, material misrepresentation, wrongful denial of entry, and wrongful deposit loss. Once your booking is confirmed with the owner, you can register your trip at http://guarantee.homeaway.com. The price depends on the cost of your rental. Visit http://guarantee.homeaway.com and enter the total amount of your vacation rental payments to calculate your price.
The owners are world travelers. You will see this reflected in the home's decor as they pick up items from around the globe. They see all guests as special and want them to feel at home.
Naajee purchased this townhome in 1996
This property has been beneficial to those in the entertainment business because of its privacy an warm surroundings. It has been rented by movie makers, movie stars and those in the music business. It offers a great alternative to hotels where privacy is difficult to maintain. The private garage is a plus.
The home is in on historic Mud Island and is just one block from the mighty MS River. It is located in downtown Memphis so all of the action is just moments away.
It is in an upscale community called Harbor Town which is built along the mighty MS River. It is located in Downtown Memphis and is close to all the action. Walks along the MS are quite peaceful and the sunsets over the River are truly AMAZING. Harbor Town has its own Grocery store and several restaurants, a health Center and Day Spa and Wellness Center http://harbortown.massageontheweb.com/
My husband and I rented this property with two other couples. We were worried about the size based on the pictures, but the house was a lot bigger then we thought - and much nicer! It is in a very safe, upscale neighborhood. The house was very clean and we were very happy with the newly rentivated bathrooms and kitchen. I would definitally come back and recommend this propterty to others! It's only a $10-15 cab ride to downtown Memphis - which was perfect!
We spent three nights here with a couple occupying each bedroom. Our daughter joined us for one night and slept on the futon. The house is decorated uniquely and has three full bathrooms. The master bed is a king and comfortable. The second bedroom has a full size bed that was comfortable as well although smaller than the master. The futon is in a den area off of the kitchen which does not have a door and the futon is a bit creaky. So, I would recommend limiting the number of adults to four. Kids could definitely survive on the futon. A ton of kitchenware is available. We ate out mostly, only having breakfast at the house but you could cook every meal there if you wanted to. The rental agent was very friendly and accommodating. We had no issues that needed attention. FYI for the homeowner. The ceiling fan in the second bedroom made a lot of noise when on high, may need balanced or something. We enjoyed our stay and will stay again! Downtown is close, the river is very close. Balcony off of master bedroom is especially enjoyable. Parked on street in front of home with no problems. My Avalanche would not fit in garage but it is fine for regular sized vehicles.
Wonderful home- beautifully decorated. Excellent coordination with our agent.
This is a beautiful, comfortable, and cozy home which has numerous amenities that were not even mentioned in the rental review. The home is much larger and cozier than pictures present. My adult married and single children were very happy with the accommodations which was also very suitable for my little granddaughter. The island is beautiful which provided parks, running/walking path along the beautiful river, coffee shop, shops, scenic views, beautiful homes and grocery store. The manager for the property was very friendly and easy to work with along with having a delightful personality and attitude throughout our rental arrangements and during our stay. I would strongly recommend this home for couples, families with small children or teens, girls/boys getaway or any group that would like to have a comfortable locations to stay for a couple nights or a week. Thank you for a wonderful stay for my family as we celebrated a sons wedding. Blessings!
Your home was a great base as we took in Memphis' great musical history at Graceland, Sun Records, Stax, and Beale Street. Had a great evening at Buddy Guy's taking in some great music. Another highlight was the newly renovated Civil Rights Museum. Everyone should visit this museum. Everything was a 5-15 minute drive. I also loved waking early and walking along the Mississippi which is at the end of the block. Your home is located in a beautiful neighborhood. Thanks for letting us stay!
I recently stayed at the townhouse for a week. I loved it and so did thecrest of my group. We were close to almost everywhere we wanted to go. It was very peaceful and quiet at night which made it easy to relax. The agent Naajee was very helpful and always available when we needed her. I would definitely stay here whenever we come nack to memphis. The house was very beautiful and felt like home. Great place to stay.
River Walk on the MS River-home is one block from the MS River. Civil Rights Museum,
River tours, Beale street, South Main Art District, Convention Center, The Orpheum and more are all near by. Graceland is 10.2
miles away. CONTACT AGENT FOR AVAILABILITY
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 1 2015 - May 31 2015
3 night minimum stay
Nov 1 2015 - Jan 2 2016
3 night minimum stay
2 night minimum stay
1. NO CLEANING FEES unless the place is not left in order ($100-up)
2. Standard Rates $269./NIGHT PLUS ADM (15.95 % SAME AS HOTEL TAX) WILL APPLY.
3. Holidays require at least a 3 night stay AND $289 RATES APPLY.
4. One night stays are available starting at $389-$500.00
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.