|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
Two hundred and twenty feet of gorgeous waterfront with nothing but trees across the river!! Leads into a 10,500 acre lake!
RUSTIC ROCK RIVER VACATION HOME on a private acre of manicured land with many large oak shade trees, a large wooden playset and fort for the kids. The riverside of the house is all windows for a spectacular view. The walk to the water & private pier's just 75 feet away with no stairs. Take a 15 min. boat ride to the Rock River, which flows into Lake Koshkonong, a 10,500 acre lake, and enjoy several great restaurants / bars with live music along the way. And the river is perfect for boating, tubing and skiing too. This home can comfortably accomodate two families or extended family or friend reunions. *Available any season ALL YEAR ROUND: rent weekly, or partial weeks, weekends, long weekends, & holidays.
There is plenty of room for activities ranging from volleyball to campfire's to touch football. Of course you can also participate in any water activities from swimming, fishing, to water skiing, tubing or wave runners. Tie your boat to the private pier or Owner offers a pontoon boat for rent
The newly renovated home has a brand new kitchen with seating for 12, first floor bathroom, a large two story family room with stone fireplace and a recreation room complete with ping pong, air hockey and foosball. The décor is a contemporary version of a rustic cabin providing comfort with good lighting and all the comforts of home - away from home.
Others may offer you a modest cabin for rent - we offer a 2800 square foot family home in a beautiful, natural setting on 220 feet of waterfront with a private pier.
PLEASE CLICK ON 'EMAIL OWNER' to inquire. See photos on this web page w/notes next to each picture with more descriptions. For smaller groups 2-10 Guests, visit our other Lake Koshkonong *Listing at: VRBO.COM/395769 on 600' shoreline Maple Beach in Edgerton, Wisconsin.
7 BEDROOMS TOTAL: includes 19 BEDS & 2 CRIBS
BEDS: 3 KING 4 QUEEN 3 FULL 9 TWIN
SOFAS: 1 SLEEPER SOFA, & 2 FULL LENGTH SOFAS
2 Bedrooms on the first level, main floor: KING, QUEEN, TW
4 Bedrooms & 1 loft room on the second level: 2 K, 3 Q, 7 T, 2 Cribs
1 bedroom downstairs FULL/TW bunks + extra room here & throughout for sleeping bags
2 SETS WASHERS & DRYERS downstairs
GAME ROOM w/PING PONG, FOOSBALL, AIR HOCKEY, T.V.
3 FULL BATHROOMS TOTAL: one bathroom on each level, main bathroom has separate shower & unique claw foot soaker tub w/hand sprayer
Keywords: House on the River
Owners, Elyse & Jim Osborne purchased the home for fun family vacations on the ROCK RIVER & Lake Koshkonong! Enthusiasm spread from family, friends, co-workers! With so much interest it was decided to offer it as a vacation rental home for all to enjoy! Meeting new guests & returning guests make it so rewarding! Income helps continually improve the home, the grounds and all its amenities! Designed, Built & Furnished w/ quality!
Elyse & Jim Osborne purchased this cabin in 2003
One of the largest waterfronts around at 220' with a great view, acre lot with mature oak shade trees and access to 8 miles of Rock River perfect for All Water Sports! River leads to one of the largest lakes in WI. Lake Koshkonong! Anchor Inn Restaurant & several others make a fun progressive dining adventure! This Sprawling Large home in Edgerton, Wisconsin offer a comfortable setting in a charming town, with lots of restaurants, supper clubs, shops to drive & boat to! Best attraction is the Rock River & Lake Koshkonong, so many local activities with plenty to do All Year Through . . . on land & water! *See Rock Aqua J's Water Ski Show! Historical Home town of Author Sterling North (Rascal) Visit *Anchor Inn Restaurant 'Rockin the Rock River!' Live Music on unique floating band shelter; Outstanding food, drinks, service, atmosphere! Perfect for boating (we offer Pontoon Boats) tubing, swimming, wave runners, Water sports, Fishing, relaxing, camp fires, biking, hiking, shopping, dining, even camping bring a tent! Winter activities, abundant snowmobile & ice fishing galore too!
An acre of Gorgeous Waterfront Property, this sprawling home offers rustic Wisconsin charm with all the comforts of a contemporary home. Stunning views, lots of space w/ 19 beds, 3 full bathrooms (one on each level), large playground & riding toys! Jump off the 45' pier / collect tiny sea shells on this beachfront property! Local Central Park & Edgerton Pool, Palmer Park & Pool, and famous Ski Show in Janesville!
We had a large family gathering to celebrate a late Christmas. This was our first visit and we were very impressed. The kitchen, living room and dining room were spacious and the views of the river were fantastic. There were so many sleeping accommodations and every single person commented how how comfortable the beds were. We would love to know what type of bedding/matresses they have there. The game room downstairs provided foosball, air hockey, and ping-pong. We had card tournaments going throughout the weekend. People commented on how well stocked the kitchen was compared to any they have seen. Many of us stayed and watched the Packers beat the Cowboys(Go Packers!) on the big screen tv. It was a great family weekend with plenty of room and even heated tile floors in the bathrooms. We commented on how much fun it would be during the summer or fall months with all the boating, fishing, and outdoor activities. Like us, if you are experiencing cabin fever during the cold winter months, this is an excellent option. Jim and Elyse made sure everything was perfect for our family. Thank you!
We enjoyed our time here. Four days of hanging out with three generations of family members, with plenty of room and quiets places too! Comfy place, you felt like its home, but, still special.
Thanks for sharing your place!!!
Hands down best decision we could have made for our Christmas get together.
From reading the home description on the VRBO website- to stopping in to see location- and during our stay, it was the perfect place to spend a long Christmas weekend for our family to enjoy each other all in one space. The great room fireplace was used and enjoyed - the large well equipped kitchen and dining room tables were used for meals- crafts and game time. The bedrooms were all large and had plenty of blankets and comfy beds. Full bathrooms on every floor meant that NO waiting time was enjoyed by all!!! The kids had a good time "swimming" in the claw full tub. The added touch of walking into the great room and finding brand new "snuggle" blankets on the couches on a cold winters day was the ultimate in hospitality! Jim and Elyse were always quick to answer any questions and know what it takes to bring people back to visit again and again. We hope to do this next year and are thinking about the possibility of Christmas in July?!?!!
We loved returning to the home on Blackhawk Drive last summer. The house was just as comfy and welcoming as the year before. It was nice to see that Jim & Elyse continue to add & improve the living area/space. Our granddaughters especially LOVED the additions and improvements to the playground equipment & spent many hours there. (Even napping in the swing!) Our family is geographically spread out and it was a great place to reconnect and spend quality relaxed time together without being crammed in a small space! We are looking forward to our time there again next summer!
Our group of 9 adults had a great time at Jim and Elyse's home. The public area is large and spacious and there is an abundance of beds for sleeping. Even in winter, this place was great to get away, relax, and enjoy the company of friends for a weekend. Thanks!
Our large group of friends came on New Years Day and were awed by this amazing home.
The large spacious rooms were cozy and interesting in their decor. The view of the river was breathtaking. We especially enjoyed it having our morning coffee by the kitchen bay window. The kitchen has a large table that seats 12, and was fully stocked with ample dishes for all. There were two coffee pots as well as other extra amenities.
It accommodated us with so many bedrooms and three bathrooms.
In the evening we enjoyed conversation around the cozy stone fireplace, (fire wood supplied) then watched DVD'S also supplied by the owners. Some of us played ping pong while others played foosball and air hockey while waiting their turn at the ping pong challenge. We also took long walks and tossed a football in the yard. The owners were great to work with and went out of their way to insure that we had everything we needed.
We all vowed to come back in the summer so we can enjoy boating and summer activities. What a great way this was to start the New Year!!
FEATURED UNIQUE RESTAURANTS & LOCAL ATTRACTIONS:
- Anchor Inn Restaurant, rte 59 Edgerton, *BEST LIVE ENTERTAINMENT IN WISCONSIN! . . ALL On A Floating Band Shelter! Outstanding Food & Drinks! Recognized for Fun, Lively Atmosphere on the shore Overlooking the River & Lake! Try their amazing sandwiches, salads, cheese curds, drinks & filled w/cheese, veggies, & topped w/mini brat on their Bloody Mary’s! Festive atmosphere for adults & children w/Playground!
- Lake House Inn, Edgerton. Be seated by historical Stone Fireplace for delicious Beef, All You Can Eat Friday Fish, Outstanding Broasted Chicken, home made Coleslaw, Loaded Potato Skins w/ all the dipping sauces!
- Dockside Dine inside or out on the shore with Tasty menu & live bands Fri & Sat
- Two Brother's Delicious Menu w/ Fun Sports Bar; Excellent Fish! Rated #1 for dining!
- RED BARRON PIZZA Sports Bar Excellent Pizza, Order the House Pizza!
- The Beach Club at Lakeview Campground Casual Dining on the Beach or inside Lively Sports Bar!
- Amazing & Award Winning *Rock Aqua Jay Water Ski Show! Trexsler Park Janesville
- Palmer Park Playground & Swimming Pool for young children, Janesville. It's free & beautiful! pack a lunch
- Beach Club: Eat in or out on the beach. Live Entertainment outside. Fire pit. Very kid friendly play ground, & swimming w/activities on the beach, bring sand toys, moonwalk . . . gorgeous sunsets! Tie up our / or your Pontoon / Boat for some great food & fun!
- Blue Gillies: Enjoy Lemon Pancakes & fresh Blue Gill breakfast, or lunch w/add’l omelets & options rte 59 Edgerton, Next to Rock River Marina, Anchor Inn, Culver’s
- Wisconsin Wine & Cheese Chalet Edgerton, rte 59, Serving *Free Samples Unique Wines & Cheese Open Daily 10am - 4pm *An absolute must! Try chocolate cheese, bacon dill jalapeño tomato & many more!
- World’s Largest Culver’s: Dine in or out for excellent views with tasty food! rte 59 Edgerton
- Norm’s HideAway: Outstanding food, drinks, desert Huge portion ice cream! Fun atmosphere inside & outside w/ live music! Nautical Sports Bar w/ lively atmosphere . . . boat or drive to its a really fun destination!
- Buckhorn Supper Club: Known for good food & Wisconsin charm, dine inside or out on the Lake patio!
- Edgerton Inn Restaurant, rte 51 west on Indianford towards the gorgeous Rock River Dam to this tiny home made breakfast spot for eggs & biscuits & gravy, bring: Fishing poles, Pontoon Boat, Hiking Shoes or Bikes
- Railway Express Restaurant: Amazing food in charming train station cafe! Absolute must for coffee, shakes, breakfast, lunch!
- Two Brother’s Restaurant / Sports Bar: Outstanding Friday Fish! Lunch / Dinner / Drinks - indoor w/ seasonal garden seating
- Ray’s Family Restaurant: Great food, portions, & value for breakfast, lunch, or dinner & desserts anytime! Tasty, tons of choices, comfortable, friendly! Across from Piggly Wiggly Grocery & Family Dollar rte 51 north Edgerton
- Kwik Trip Edgerton rte 51 n.: For a Quick hot meal anytime! Also large assortment of great value food & drinks when you are on the go. Hot soups, chili, brats, hot dogs, egg rolls, veggies & dip, salads, fruit, hot & cold drinks
- Edgerton Swimming Pool rte 51 n: Local pool for $5 per person fun for the afternoon multiple pools & *Central Park playground & skate park next door! Large playground! You can bring food to pik-nik at the park!
- Palmer Park & Swimming Pool Janesville, Free & bring lunch & snacks, perfect for families & children will enjoy!
- Fat Boys Ribs: Barbecue, sandwiches, take out on rte 51 n. Adorable w/ penny candy to choose from their fishing boat!
- Rock Aqua Jay Water Ski Show Janesville: Performances & practice twice a week *Multi Award Winning Show! Seasonal in Summer!
- Skelly’s Farm Janesville: Huge Slide! Incredible Mazes! apples, pumpkins, cider, rides . . . Variety of Seasonal Events & Halloween Fun!
- Piggly Wiggly Grocery on 51n. Edgerton. Great beer & wine selection, pre made salads & food; near dollar store, a 8 min drive
Discover several excellent restaurants, supper clubs & pubs within minutes by driving or boating to this outstanding Wisconsin Vacation! . . Relax on the shore at home, enjoying plenty of fire wood provided for your bon fires!
Enjoy over 220’ of shoreline perfect for *seasonal swimming, boating, fishing, & all water sports & snow sports, sledding, tubing, ice skating, Ice fishing, biking, nature hikes, photography, relaxing on the ROCK RIVER & LAKE KOSHKONONG, WISCONSIN
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Memorial Day-Labor Day
May 25 2015 - Sep 4 2015
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 10 guests; add $30 per night, per additional guest|
Summer Season Rental: Memorial Day-Labor Day is Weekly Fri-Fri
Non Summer Season Rental: Labor Day-Memorial Day 2 Night Minimum Weekends/Week days
Optional Pontoon Rental Red Suncruiser 12 seats & incl. vests: $375/day or $1,500/ wk incl. unlimited use, 1st gas tank!
Dog Fee: $20/ Dog/ Night NO Cats
$200 Upcharge: Thanksgiving,Xmas,New Years,Memorial Day,July 4,LaborDay No Weddings/No Add'lGuests
Payment Terms are 50% Check or Money Order with contract, and remaining 50% Check or Money Order is due 60 days in advance of rental. Larger groups may require refundable security check.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.