La Paz Yacht Rental Photos and Description
Yacht, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 3 Baths, (Sleeps 4-8)
EL DON is a classic 65-foot Hatteras motor yacht available for charter in the beautiful Loreto region of the Sea of Cortez. The yacht is offered with a crew of three (Captain, First Mate, and Chef) and includes fuel, three meals per day plus snacks and hors d'oeuvres, soft drinks, beer & wine, and mixed drinks. Also included in our price are fishing licenses, and permits for Marine Park use.
Lower Deck: The yacht has a spacious Master Suite aft with Queen bed and head with shower. The next suite forward is a Guest Stateroom with two twin beds and head with shower across the companionway. Four steps up from the sleeping deck is the lower saloon with full bar and ice maker, large dining table and sofa that opens into a double bed. Forward of the lower saloon is the fully equipped galley where the Chef creates outstanding Mexican dishes for your enjoyment. The Crew's Quarters with separate head and shower are located forward of the galley.
Main Deck: Four steps up from the lower saloon is the Main Deck with inside steering station and upper saloon also with a large dining and game table and chairs. The saloon also includes a sofa that converts into a double bed, overstuffed chairs, and a deck overlooking the lower aft utility deck. A large swim platform with a swim ladder makes for easy access to the yacht from the water. A spacious deck area on the bow of the Main Deck provides ample room for watching the pristine scenery. A large padded bench seat across the Main Deck and additional padded seating on the life jacket lockers provides very comfortable seating for our passengers to enjoy their cruise. A large sunbathing deck with lounging pads is located above and behind the bench seat on the roof of the lower saloon.
Bridge: The Bridge Deck offers panoramic viewing of the scenery and a bimini cover over the Bridge Steering Station.
Charter Area Options: The primary charter area are the islands near the home port of La Paz, BCS, Mexico. However, we can charter as far south as Cabo San Lucas and as far north as the Loreto / Puerto Escondido area during multi-day live-aboard charters. All the islands are pristine, are generally uninhabited and offer wonderful scenery, hiking, and photo opportunities.
Available Activities: Relax and experience the good life (at a VERY reasonable price) while our Mexican crew attends to your every need while also ensuring the safety of the yacht and everyone aboard. Try your luck at fishing off the stern of EL DON in a world-class fishing region. Our expert Mexican Chef will prepare your freshly caught fish for dinner. Swim in the crystal clear water, walk or sunbathe on the secluded beaches, sunbathe on deck, and generally relax and enjoy yourself on our classic luxury yacht. EL DON has two tandem kayaks for guests to explore the shoreline of the islands or the Baja peninsula. Rendezvous scuba diving with dive shops in La Paz can be arranges and guided free-dive spear fishing lessons are available at an additional cost.
Marine Mammals: Whale watching is very popular from mid-January through March. Porpoise frequently swim under and along-side the yacht as they play in the pressure wave off the bow. Sea Lions can be seen on their favorite rock outcroppings. The area is extremely rich in a wide variety of marine life that can be seen while snorkeling or scuba diving.
Visit La Paz: Visit the modern Mexican city of La Paz to shop for gifts and enjoy a delicious meal. Rental cars are available to explore the back roads of Baja, or drive down the peninsula to Cabo San Lucas.
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- smoking allowed
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Gary Noland
Before or After Your Charter, Consider Staying at:
1) La Paz - Villas La Posada - 2BR/2BA / 60 Seconds from Beach (http://www.vrbo.com/167853)
2) 3 Bedroomed La Paz Penthouse Behind the Marina (http://www.vrbo.com/200596)
3) Exclusive Beach Front Luxury Home at Paraiso Del Mar (http://www.vrbo.com/271337)
4) Penthouse at 'Paradise of the Sea' Beach Front Villa (http://www.vrbo.com/279738)
5) Spacious, Affordable Ocean View Home with Private Pool (http://www.vrbo.com/309311)
6) Pristine Beauty and Tranquility (http://www.vrbo.com/321801)
7) Luxury 2 BR Condo on the Water and Malacon of City of La Paz (http://www.vrbo.com/332467)
8) Beachfront Luxury Penthouse at Paraiso Del Mar (http://www.vrbo.com/334408)
9) Luxurious Beachfront Condo at Paraiso Del Mar Resort (http://www.vrbo.com/343773)
10) Casa Cardon - Launching Point for Your La Paz Experience! (http://www.vrbo.com/347406)
11 La Paz, High End Costa Baja Resort and Spa Unit (http://www.vrbo.com/351101)
12 Mexican Colonial Retreat in the Heart of the City (http://www.vrbo.com/201856)
Gary Noland purchased this yacht in 2004
Why Gary Noland chose La Paz
EL DON is home ported in La Paz, BCS Mexico. La Paz is the capital of the state of Baja California Sur and is a major business and economic hub for the area. La Paz is considered one of the best towns in which to retire IN THE ENTIRE WORLD (see analysis results in Money Magazine and elsewhere).
What makes this yacht unique
Consider These Two-week VRBO Vacation Packages:
1) Book a 1-week rental at Affordable Condo on the Beach!! (http://www.vrbo.com/218361) and a 1-week private charter on EL DON and receive a 20% discount on the total rental fee for both properties.
2) Book a 1-week rental at Beachfront Villa with Private Pool at Paraiso Del Mar Golf Resort! (http://www.vrbo.com/410485) and a 1-week private charter on EL DON and receive a 20% discount on the total rental fee for both properties.
Guestbook comments from the owner
The trip on the El Don was fantastic, the whole cruise was well done and we would not hesitate in recommending to anyone. In fact we are recommending it to people we know here already. Honestly the list of things I liked are endless. Food and staff were awesome, the itinerary on all the island visits were all different and exciting, the islands off of the coast of La Paz are an amazing place to visit, and visiting them with such a knowledgeable, polite, energetic crew put it in the top couple of my lifetime vacations.