Wonderful Maintained, Secluded Feel, Complete Amenities, and Great Hosts
Submitted: May 2, 2013
Stayed: April 2013
A few points about Two Moons Over Magens Bay:
1) The pictures that Cindie provided are incredibly accurate. What you see is what you get, and this particular studio style apartment (in the sense that there's not a separate door to get to the bedroom) is spacious and very well stocked.
2) In addition to the written description, Cindie has also accumulated some snorkeling equipment, which was great in conjunction with the stuff that is listed like the beach chairs, extra towels, small coolers, etc.
3) Depending on who was there before you, you may get some special treats in the fridge. People who fly in tend not to take bottles of alcohol with them, and with certain liquors (Cruzan, for example) being so cheap in the VI, you may be pleasantly surprised at what's left. Too bad for the people after us to get the apartment; I left you one singular can of Banks lager.
4) Cindie provides an awesome book filled with personal recommendations, hand drawn maps to the local spots, and very useful information. Take this book with you everywhere you go. For example, my fiance and I chuckled at a description for a restaurant that simply said, "Don't Go."
5) Having a GPS or a phone with GPS will be useful if you plan on driving around the island. Some of the turns can be a bit disorientating the first few times.
6) An economy car or compact car will be sufficient for you to get around on St. Thomas and St. John, but if you have the resources, renting a 4x4 may not be a terrible idea to get up the hill to the property.
7) The wildlife and domestic pets are pretty amazing. Your one "job" is to fill the sugarbird feeder with sugar, though to see the hummingbirds it's also a good idea to fill the feeder by making a sugar water solution (not that hard...) There's a mini pineapple on the deck, and you hear lots of tree frogs and just other sounds that you don't hear in the city. Also, the first time you hear the windmill, you'll wonder what it is. Psst, it's a windmill. Cindie has a collie named Buddy - he's actually quite cute. She also has a larger dog that stays outside, and he's actually very friendly and curious.
Overall: Wish we could've stayed longer than the 3 nights we did.
Owner's Response: Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We really enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you when you come back to get married.
Helpful votes: 1/1
Did you find this review helpful?