Greenwich Apartment Rental Photos and Description
New Apt a stone throw from Greenwich station (and DLR) and Central Greenwich
A new and contemporary 2 double bedroom and 2 bathroom apartment (one with an ensuite) is situated near the heart of Greenwich, a beautiful and historic part of London (NOT North Greenwich which is a couple of miles away). The apartment has excellent transport links to central London. Just a 3 minute walk from the apartment is Greenwich mainline train and DLR station (overground and underground) taking just minutes to get to London Bridge and the West End of London. The apartment offers the perfect base from which to explore London.
The apartment also has a huge balcony and views across London.
THE LOCAL AREA
Greenwich is a tourist hotspot which, among it’s attractions boasts the beautiful Royal Greenwich Park, The Maritime Museum, Cutty Sark, The Naval College (Includes The Painted Halls), The Royal Observatory and Greenwich market.
The Apartment's location cannot get any better for access to amenities, historic attractions, and transport links to central London, Canary Wharf and the 02 Events arena.
Greenwich played a central role in the Olympics by hosting the equestrian events in Greenwich Park, making use of the beautiful historic backdrop, and stunning views across the river.
If you are unfamiliar with the neighbourhood you should take a look at the visitgreenwich.org website for further insight into the area.
2 bedrooms. Both bedrooms have Queen sized beds. The rooms are spacious, quiet and tastefully decorated, with plenty of storage space. The beds have high quality mattresses, duvets, and pillows to ensure that they're ultra comfy! - You can also be assured that they're ready made with clean sheets for your arrival.
- Lounge: There are two sofas, a coffee table as well as a dining area that seats 4. There is also a 44' flat screen TV, and a dvd player. A double sized air mattress can also be provided on request to cater for additional guests (automatic).
Bathroom: 2 bathrooms. This includes a main bathroom with bath and shower and and ensuite bathroom with one of the bedrooms with a shower.
- Kitchen: The modern kitchen will offer everything you need to prepare a big meal or quick snack before hitting the town - microwave, modern stove, oven, cutting board, toaster, kettle, fridge, cutlery sets, pots, pans and all other necessary cooking utensils!
-Balcony: The apartment has a huge balcony area accessible from the lounge and one of the bedrooms. It has views across London and great to sit out for breakfast or an evening glass of wine!
- Additional Amenities:
Washer / dryer machine in the kitchen.
Sony IPOD speaker unit to dock your ipod and play your music!
Ironing board and Iron
A travel cot complete with bedding can be provided upon request.
- Entry to the building:
This is controlled via a secure phone-buzzer system. All guests will receive 2 sets of keys and 2 fobs.
Either myself or my Father will be on hand throughout your trip to ensure that you are completely happy!
- Other: A full set of Fresh Towels are provided and high-speed, wi-fi internet will be available FREE throughout the apartment. The Apartment will be cleaned and sheets diligently changed ahead of every guest. We want to make sure your stay is positive as possible!
- Greenwich mainline train station:
The station is 3 minutes walk away. It will take you to some of the following key destinations:
- London Bridge in 7 mins (Tower Bridge, Tower Of London, Southbank, Borough Market, 'The City' etc).
- Waterloo East in 12 mins.
- Charing Cross in 16 mins (Trafalgar Square, Houses of Parliament, Leicester Square etc).
DLR (Docklands Light Railway)
This is located at the same Greenwich mainline station and so also just 3 mins walk from the apartment.
The trains go overground and underground and arrive every 4 mins at peak times and every 10 mins outside of this.
- Canary Wharf in 9 mins.
- Bank (City – Financial district) in 21 mins.
- Stratford (Olympic site, and the new Westfield Shopping Mall) in 24 mins.
- By switching from the DLR to Jubilee line at Canary Wharf, you can get to London Bridge in 20 mins and to West End in 25 mins.
- DLR goes directly from Greenwich to London City Airport in 30 mins (1 change required at Westferry). From the apartment to the airport door to door you're looking at just 35 mins!
You are a 7-8 minute walk from the 'Thames Clipper' docking point Pier. This is a very comfortable Boat (catamaran) service (with Costa Coffee onboard) which arrives every 20 mins. In a westerly direction it takes you to:
- Canary Wharf in 8 mins.
- Tower of London in 19 mins.
- London Bridge in 23 mins, and
- Embankment (West End - Trafalgar Square etc) in 36 mins. In the Easterly direction, it takes you to
- 02 arena in 7 minutes.
Parking, as with all of London has limited free road parking in the immediate vicinity. However for guests who drive to Greenwich, who intend not to actively use their car during the stay (it really isn't needed around London), I can offer FREE PARKING in a private gated family residence about 5 miles from the apartment (about 20 mins drive away).
An additional option should you want to use a car whilst in London is to use ZIPCAR. There are several parked in allocated bays around Greenwich, and they can be hired by the hour / day etc.
WHO THE APARTMENT WOULD SUIT:
The Apartment is ideal for people who want a comfortable base from which to explore the very best London has to offer.
For business users, the Apartment offers a short trip to Canary Wharf, and the City (Financial district).
For the London tourist / visitor - the Apartment is a relaxing oasis within walking distance to local attractions and easy access to central London.
The Apartment can sleep up to 6 people
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair accessible
- pets not allowed