Virgin Gorda Villa Rental Photos and Description
Luxury, 6 bedrooms, sleeps 16, waterfront, dock, kayaks, Infinity Edge Pool
NEW LOWER RATES
DO NOT USE THE INSTANT QUOTES ON THIS SITE
CLICK ON 'ALL RATES' IN THE UPPER RIGHT OF THIS PAGE NEAR WHERE IT SAYS FROM $371 TO GET OUR RATES . PLEASE CALL TO CONFIRM OR ASK ABOUT SPECIAL REQUESTS
RENTAL RATES ARE ALSO ON OUR WEB SITE
AND AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
A very special waterfront villa on its own private peninsula, this 6-bedroom home sits at the end of Mattie Point, with water on three sides and Gorda Peak behind. South Sound is a spectacular secluded area of Virgin Gorda, where you hear the waves breaking on the reef and your neighbors are pelicans, turtles and fish. To one side you'll see the Hurricane Hole and to the other is Great Hill. On the far side of Great Hill are fun places to visit such as Biras Creek, Saba Rock, and Bitter End Yacht Club.
Swim in the infinity-edge pool overlooking the sound or snorkel off the private dock to some of the best underwater viewing on the island. If you’re a little more adventuresome, take the 12 ft dinghy (Special Requirements) out to the 5000 foot reef for more snorkeling fun or motor over to the Hurricane Hole for exploration. Thrill-seekers may even want to try out the villa’s sailboard on the Sound.
The Main House: The rental vacation villa has been designed to let the ocean breezes and sunlight surround you. The Mexican-clay-tile main floor is a free flowing area, including a living room with a built-in CD entertainment system, dining room and fully-equipped kitchen with a seating bar for drinks. Double French doors along both front and back of the villa open to beautiful ocean views. A 12-foot wide covered front deck stretching the entire length of the house is a great place for a casual lunch, a romantic candlelit dinner or your afternoon nap in the hammock or chaise. The 8-foot garden deck, with propane stainless steel BBQ, will give you all the sun you want. Even the main floor bathroom extends into the outdoors, through sliding glass doors to the glass block enclosed double shower. Upstairs are two bedrooms and a bathroom.
The Pool: The horizon edge 12,000 gallon pool is 5ft to 8ft deep with its own rock waterfall and lots of tile decks all overlooking South Sound. The pool deck has 8 chaise lounges and a 50 inch table with four chairs. If you want to lounge near the pool, but be out of the sun, enjoy the additional covered deck, which also has a 50 inch table, four more chairs and an entrance to the lower shower. Enjoy a drink at our covered poolside wet bar.
Pool Wing: Our pool wing has four more bedrooms and two bathrooms in a separate structure, connected by a bridge to the Main House of the villa and overlooking the pool.
The main floor includes the master bedroom area, a second bedroom, a bathroom with a glass block enclosed shower, and a covered veranda with chairs and tables, overlooking the pool and South Sound.
The master bedroom features a sitting area with rattan queen sleeper sofa, love seat and tables, 12 foot glass sliders to the veranda, views of South Sound on three sides and a king size pillow top bed.
The second bedroom is furnished with a queen pillow top bed, overlooks the pool and has double French doors opening to the veranda.The pool deck bedroom has a queen pillow top bed, overlooks the pool and deck and connects to the lower level bathroom and shower.
The top floor bedroom has a queen size pillow top bed and provides 360 degree views of South Sound and the mountains that surround the villa.
The villa telephone system includes a fax/printer/copy machine, answering machine and 6 dual line wireless phones. The BVI number is 284-495-7425. Ask us about our very popular special low rates for incoming and outgoing telephone/fax service to the USA/Canada/other international calls. Lets you keep in touch.
Cellular (Verizon at $1.29 per min in or out) and GSM phones do work on the island. Ask your existing carrier for international roaming , which would allow for the use of your existing phone to operate in the BVI. E-mail me regarding specifics on how to do this. Android, iphones and Blackberry devices will operate with the villa wireless internet.
Wireless high speed internet service (802.11b/g) is available throughout the villa. No security code is needed.
2) Overhead fans are in the living and dining rooms and all bedrooms.
3) A stereo 27 inch TV/VCR/DVD with tapes and DVD's in the living room. Tapes/DVD's can be rented on the island as well. No broadcast TV service.
4) A washer/dryer is on the lowest level of the main house. An iron and ironing board are also provided.
5) A sailboard, a 2 person kayak, and two 1 person kayaks are available for your use and kept at our dock. A 12' fiberglass dinghy and outboard motor for use at additional cost
6) The CD sound entertainment system has speakers in the living room and outdoor deck. Bring your favorite CD's or listen to ours. Ipads can be connected to the system.
7) The villa kitchen is furnished with a coffee maker, coffee bean grinder, blender, food processor, four slice toaster, mixer, electric can opener, electric knife, electric wok, electric fondue pot and lots of tools. We also provide basic condiments and spices.
8) Our telescope is great for night viewing of the stars, and since the skies are very clear above Virgin Gorda and South Sound has few light sources, the view is great.
9) Take the stone walkway to the our dock for boating, swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving in South Sound. (Water shoes or snorkel fins recommended). Relax on our waterside 15 ft X 15ft dock with great views, fresh water enclosed shower and cooling breezes.
10) A beach umbrella, beach towels, beach mats and food coolers are in the Main Villa House.
11) Five full sets of scuba equipment with one S, one M, two L and one XL buoyancy compensators are provided for those with scuba licenses ONLY. We also have 4 tanks. This is life support equipment and must be used ONLY by persons trained in their use. Padi license(s) must be sent via fax prior to your visit.
12) Soft Baby crib for the little ones.
13) Outdoor Propane Grill with side burner. Utensils are in the kitchen.
Our rental rates include BVI 7% tax and maid service midweek and weekend of your stay. Other arrangements can be provided.
The South Sound Road, which leads to the villa, connects to the main Virgin Gorda government road, running between the Valley and Gun Creek. The South Sound Road is a one lane island road about 1 mile long, which goes through pasture land with cattle and is level and flat and easy to drive on. The cattle are peaceful and will cause you no harm. If they happen to be in your way, just slowly pass by them.
We recommend a rental car be secured for your transportation while on Virgin Gorda, with several different types of rental vehicles available. We can arrange a rental for you and have the agency we work with pick you up at your point of entry. They will have the villa key, as well as a map to guide you to the villa. You can view the cars they have available by going to the link near the bottom of the page. Select the car you want and we will reserve it for you. Contact us for details.
The villa has a guest book for your comments, as well as booklets with information on dining spots, maps, and information on what to do on Virgin Gorda, plus books on the history, flora and fauna of Virgin Gorda.
Please contact us for any reservations or special requests. Our rates can be found in the upper right of this page. Click 'ALL RATES'
- Low Allergen Environment
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- smoking allowed
Guestbook comments from the owner
Enjoyed a week at the villa, while the owner was there. A new 26" side by side GE refrigerator was installed. Renewed/repaired all the outdoor furniture. Replaced/renewed several screens. Repainted lots of railings/posts. Since my last visit, the furniture inside the living room has been replaced with very colorful units. A new hanging hammock swing for one person. Very relaxing. All of the appliances were checked and a new toaster purchased. There is a new gas outdoor grill. Beach towels and bath towels are always being replaced.
Went out for several relaxing dinners and lots of drinks.
Fell in love with the area in the 90's and built the villa over several years finishing in 2004
Secluded and Private. Lots of room. Waterfront on 3 sides. Private Dock with kayaks, dinghy with outboard and fresh water shower.