Oia House Rental Photos and Description
Sleeps 8. 4 bedroom house has been fully renovated to the highest standard. Owned by a ship owner has accommodated a Greek PM. Located above the castle it offers one of the best sunset view in Oia. The main areas are the jacuzzi level with the spectacular view, the pebble paved yard, the terrace, the patio, the high ceiling lounge & dining room, 3 bathrooms. WiFi throughout the Mansion, air conditioning, heating. It can operate all year round.
Oia Mansion has five levels. A. The Ground floor (about 165m2) consists of the pebble - paved yard, the living room, the dining room which seats 8 - 10 people, the captain's office, the kitchen with all the modern amenities, a sky lighted patio with a built in peripheral sofa & table, the master bedroom with the veranda, the bedroom next to the patio. Both bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. B. The First floor (about 41m2) incorporates two chambers, the Aegean bedroom and the bedroom with the patio view, the area of hygiene with the window on the ceiling & the staircase that leads to the terrace. C. The Terrace (about 110m2) with truly stunning & famous Oia sunset - that stands among Greece's most recognisable icons - from the best point of the island while relaxing on the comfortable couches. D. The Jacuzzi level (about 22m2)level from which one can view the sun going down on this unique scenery. E. The basement (about 30m2) with an extra bed & bathroom ideal for some extra staff.
Further details for this vacation rental
Oia Mansion was built around 1840 and has been registered as a "scheduled building"
The main facade of the captain - house presents particular interest, with its capitals, particular ornament etc., of strictly neoclassical type.
The roofing is the type of monastery vaults, carved and cross - vaulted. The influences of neoclassical architecture with the integration of all characteristic features of folklore architecture, give to this captain - house a particular interesting architectural style, that distinguishes it from all the other neoclassical houses of the island.
The equipment is rich in furniture (sofa, china, cabinets, Venetian mirrors, old chandeliers etc.,)and valuable objects brought from America, Odessa, Alexandria, Malta etc.
During the summer of 1980 the filming of Summer Lovers with D. Hanna took place & later on in 2002 Lara Croft starring Angelina Jolie). In 2004 CNBC shot a documentary from the terrace of the mansion. Angelina Jolie visits Oia frequently.
In Oia people are very friendly. There are a lot of things to do all day round. It is a place for honeymooners, for couples in love & people that want to make some serious decisions
There is a variety of shops, supermarkets, art galleries, restaurants bistorts, bars & a museum. You can buy anything ranging from clothes, to decorative items. There beauty saloons, spa, yoga, raki, gym facilities, post office & whatever one needs. Although there are ATM machines there is no bank in Oia.
You can arrange daily cruises to the volcano, around the island or to see the sunset, either by a motor vessel, or a sailing boat. These cruises are very popular & are also available in private.
The food is exceptionally good, ranging from the Souvlaki to the fish taverns in ammoudi & the 3 of the best gourmet restaurants on the island. All restaurants are a good value for money.
You should also visit the maritime museum which shows the history of Greek seamen & ship-owners.
At night you can enjoy the local bistorts or you can dance at the local bars.
There is also a very famous book store that you should visit.
For the reservation to be considered confirmed you will transfer a deposit of 30% of the total confirmed rental price to our bank account at Alpha Bank, in Greece. The remaining 70% of the total confirmed rental price will be paid two weeks before the day of the arrival.
For bookings confirmed more than 90 days prior to arrival, If cancelled in writing at least 90 days prior to arrival, 50% of deposit is refunded. If cancelled at any time later, no deposit is refunded.