St Cyprien House Rental Photos and Description
Enclosed garden, small lake, shops and restaurants within easy walking distance
Situated in the heart of the medieval market town of Saint Cyprien, La Grange des Pères is a traditional 'chartreuse' full of old fashioned charm and offering more than 200m² of living space.
Dating from the 17th century, it takes it's name from the fathers of the Abbey at Saint Cyprien who spent their holidays in this house. It is this historic past which gives the house its charm and is visible in the single bedrooms in the old monk's quarters, and in the period furniture.
Offering more than 200m² of living space, including 5 bedrooms, the house provides comfortable accommodation for 8 people.
Set on 2 floors the house offers:
* A large entrance hall/corridor with terracotta floor tiles leading to the living rooms
* A living/dining room with wooden floor and views over the garden. It has a comfortable lounge area facing the marble fireplace, with armchairs, TV, DVD player; and a dining area with solid wooden table and buffet.
* A small but perfectly equipped kitchen, with gas cooker, double oven, microwave, dishwasher, and a table for breakfast.
* A first twin bedroom with 2 single beds (90cm)and a small desk
* A huge shower room with shower, washbasin, bidet and wardrobe.
The majestic 100 year old staircase leads to the first floor and the 4 remaining bedrooms:
* A double bedroom (140cm bed), a desk, large wardrobe, wooden flooring and view over the garden.
* A small single bedroom, simply furnished in one of the former monks rooms, armchair, chest of drawers, view over the garden.
* A second large, double bedroom (140cm bed), chest of drawers, wooden floor, garden views and a small lounge area.
* Accessible via this bedroom, a last single bedroom, ideal for a child wishing to sleep close to their parents.
* A second shower room with washbasin, bidet and toilet.
* Private garden of approximately 1500m², with large lawn area, majestic trees, wisteria and campsis.... a small paradise within the village.
* Garden furniture with barbecue allowing al fresco dining in the shade of the trees
* A small lake, completely fenced for the safety of the youngest visitors.
* Covered parking for 1 car and the possibility of parking 3 other cars on site.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Mrs Sabine Grossemy
We are based in Saint Cyprien, in the heart of the Dordogne, and act as year round caretakers for the beautiful residences we look after, all within a 30kms radius of our office. We know them inside and out, and so can recommend the most suitable property for you.
In the majority of cases, our properties are second homes, regularly occupied by the owners. As such they are fully equipped and benefit from a superior comfort and decoration.
By renting through us you avoid the middleman and so benefit from rental prices free of commission charges.
You can see our wide selection of holiday homes on our site:
We look forward to welcoming you soon to the Dordogne!