Nestled against the walls of Castelo São Jorge (castle) in the centre of Lisbon, this charming apartment enjoys an exceptional location in the old part of town and stunning views over the Baixa (centre), river and Ponte 25 de Abril (bridge). The castle, Sé (cathedral) and legendary 28 tram are just 3 minutes walk away and the Baixa with its shops, Metro, monuments and museums can be reached by foot within 5-7 minutes, making the apartment the perfect base for sightseeing, eating out or simply relaxing on the roof terrace under the castle walls. Despite its central location it is well away from the noise and bustle of downtown Lisbon on account of its position on top of the hill which also ensures cool evening breezes and breathtaking sunsets.
Location and Getting Around:
Central Lisbon, next to Castelo (Castle) Jorge
• Lisbon Airport: 20 min by taxi or 35 min by airport bus to Rossio
• Santa Apolónia train station: 10 min by taxi or Metro to Baixa/Chiado
• 28 tram: 3 min walk
• Baixa (Metro – Baixa/Chiado blue line and Rossio green line, Buses, Tram 15 to Belém and Rossio train station to Sintra): 5-7 min walk
• Praça do Comércio (Ferry to Barreiro): 5-7 min walk
• Public car park: 2 min walk
Points of interest in the area
A great deal of sightseeing can be done simply by looking out of the apartment windows! Lisbon is a great city to wander around and many sights can be reached by foot from the apartment:
• Castelo São Jorge: 3 min walk to entrance
• Sé (cathedral): 3 min walk
• Igreja de Santo António (patron saint of Lisbon): 3 min walk
• Miradouro de Santa Luzia: 5 min walk (also accessible by tram)
• Alfama: 5 min walk (also accessible by tram)
• Igreja de São Vicente: 12 min walk (also accessible by tram)
• Feira da Ladra (flea market): 15 min walk (also accessible by tram)
• Graça: 10 min walk (also accessible by tram)
• Rossio and Rossio station: 7 min walk
• Praça dos Restauradores and main Tourist Information Office: 8 min walk
• Elevador de Santa Justa built by Eiffel’s studio: 7 min walk
• Chiado and Café Brasileira: 10 min walk (also accessible by tram)
• Museu do Chiado: 10 min walk (also accessible by tram)
• Convento do Carmo ruins: 10 min walk
• Bairro Alto: 10 min walk
• Praça do Comércio (river-front): 5-7 min walk
• Rua Augusta Design Museum and Tourist Information kiosk: 5 min walk
Shopping, eating and drinking
There are local shops for food shopping within 3 min walk of the apartment; a supermarket (Pingo Doce) on the ground floor of the public car park (2 min walk) and there are shops of all kinds in the Baixa.
Lisbon is a great place to go out and offers options for all tastes and budgets. There are small restaurants, bars and cafés within easy walking of the apartment.
Guests staying at the apartment are provided with information and tips by the owners.