Immersed in the green of the countryside, and within easy reach of stunning beaches, this beautiful historic masseria sleeping 8 with large swimming pool offers the discerning guest the opportunity to enjoy the relaxed Puglian lifestyle.
The spacious property is situated at the end of a long drive in over five acres of grounds with extensive areas of olive and almond trees. It offers total seclusion whilst the vibrant Puglian town of Ceglie Messapica, famed for its restaurant scene is still easily accessible.
This ancient house, constructed entirely of stone, was initially the Chapel of San Michele and was built in 1300 but over the following centuries was transformed into a nobleman's residence.
The house is comfortably furnished with a stylish mix of antique, vintage and modern furniture and offers spacious living areas and modern facilities. Outside are terraces, a covered area for al fresco dining and a large original stone piazalle, or patio. There is a barbecue and wood fired pizza oven.
Bedrooms and Interior
The accommodation is in the original stone construction whose thick walls keep the house cool in summer and warm in the winter months. There are four bedrooms and four bathrooms sleeping a total of eight people (further rooms can be added by arrangement).
Ground Floor (with limestone flooring throughout):
- Entrance room with vaulted ceiling and fireplace
- Large double height vaulted sitting room, 32' flat screen TV/DVD player
- Large vaulted´Cantina´ with a table seating 10, original stone floor, door to rear and large glazed arched doors to the front of the property
- Kitchen, with range style oven, dishwasher, large refrigerator.
- 2 double bedrooms leading off the main room, both with vaulted ceilings and en suite bathrooms with showers
- Stone vaulted rear reception room
- Large bathroom with shower
- Large bedroom, en suite bathroom with double bathtub, circular shower.
- Twin bedroom and stairs to roof terraces.
- Covered veranda for al fresco dining
- Large original stone courtyard
- Covered wood fired oven
- Swimming pool with loungers, pool towels, outdoor shower.
The 13 by 6 metre pool is reached by twin sets of steps and is surrounded by a large paved area with loungers and umbrellas. A shower is ingeniously placed under the branches of a spreading olive tree.
The grounds have been planted with desert plants, designed to stand the long dry summers in the region. Trees include Olives, Almonds walnuts, mulberries, figs, pomegranates, lemons, quince and prickly pears.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.