: A7 Junction 17 before Montélimar
: La Grande Motte
: Le Cafe du Siécle Lablachere
: La Croix de Beauzon, Borne
: Hotel Europe, Joyeuse
La Magnanerie is situated almost half way between Lablachère and Joyeuse in the South of the Ardèche.
• Lablachère has two boulangeries, two cafés, a hotel, a charcuterie/boucherie, an épicerie, a takeaway pizzeria, greengrocers and our local cave which sells award winning wines. Markets are held every Sunday. It houses La Perle D'Eau, a spectacular new swimming pool complex and has a large playground with tennis court and petanque courts.
• Joyeuse is an ancient small market town with an old town containing craft shops, restaurants, Musée de la Chataignerie and House of Caricatures. Markets are held every Wednesday and craft markets on Sunday evenings in the summer.
• The Ardèche is an unspoilt area with stupendous mountains and gorges and views to die for!
• Close to some of the “most beautiful villages of France” including Balazuc, Naves and Vogue.
• Superb base for exploring the Cevennes Mountains and National Park, the Camargue, Provence and the Alps.
• Nearby grottoes at the Aven d'Orgnac and the Grotte de la Cocalière
• Local outdoor activities – canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, bouldering, walking, cycling, mountain biking, canyoning, caving, paragliding, swimming, horse riding, tennis, boules, high wires, skiing and bird-watching.
• Bois de Paiolive, amazing primeval forest of white oaks and petrified rocks with labyrinth walks
• Gastronomy, fine wines and local produce, regular markets and wine tastings.
• Carrefour supermarket in Joyeuse. Intermarché supermarket at Rosieres. Super-U Hypermarket at Ruoms and Les Vans
• Aubenas is our nearest large town with an abundance of individual shops and a beautiful chateau which is open to visit.