Fleurac Chateau / Country House Rental Photos and Description
Luxurious, large property near Les Eyzies/Sarlat, close to all local amenties
Chestnut Cottage is a beautifully renovated 300 year old stone farmhouse near Les Eyzies:-
• set in the middle of 50 acres of totally unspoilt meadows, woods, lake and stream
• luxurious, comfortable and spacious accommodation
• a magnificent 14 x 7 metre, chlorine-free, heated pool and an activities complex
• wonderful peace and tranquillity, yet in the heart of the Dordogne very close to all the main tourist sites, Chateaux, rivers and market towns
• easily accessible from the region’s three airports, train stations and auto-routes
• shops, restaurants, supermarkets and daily street markets 5-15 minutes away
• available all year round, with full central heating and log fires
• sleeping up to 8 people in four double and twin bedrooms
(+2 more, by prior arrangement)
Chestnut Cottage has:-
• A very large, elegant living room (sejour) with exposed stone walls, terracotta tiled floors and a wood-burning fireplace
•A luxury, very-spacious, fully equipped farmhouse kitchen with large dining area, including fridge/freezer; double oven; ceramic hob; microwave; dishwasher and use of washing machine. The hand-painted ceramic tiled floor has under-floor central heating
• Four lovely chestnut-beamed double and twin bedrooms (one with a stunning roof terrace overlooking the pool), all with chestnut parquet flooring and views either to the pool, lake, or gardens.
• Two luxury bathrooms and two toilets
• Satellite TV/ DVD/VIDEO/CD Stereo
. A 1000+ eclectic book library
. Terraces with electric shade awnings, garden and outdorr dining furniture and barbecue, all looking out towards the pool
• Secluded gardens by the stream
• Ample parking
At the Pool and Summer House there are a host of sports facilities including,Table-tennis, Badminton, Boules,Darts and more.
Additional Facilities and Services are available on Request
For your Arrival
• A pre-arrival shop
We do a shop for your first evening / following day essential foods and cleaning materials as requested so that they are already in Chestnut Cottage when you arrive.
• Cot and high chair for hire
• Swimming and Diving lessons - Harris is a fully qualified BSAC registered instructor
• Catered Meal preparation based on a per person basis
and depending on Menu Activities
• Cleaning services: mid and end of stay House cleaing services
Services are charged on an hourly and/or per-person basis.
We invite to you enquire if any of the additional services are of interest to you.
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Harris Raphael
Owned by an English Family now living and working in the Dordogne, we fell in love with the unique charm of Domaine Le Ruisseau when looking for our little bit of heaven in Southern France.
Harris Raphael purchased this chateau / country house in 2002
Why Harris Raphael chose Fleurac
Domaine Le Ruisseau, set in a magnificent 50 acre private estate, is one of the most beautiful and tranquil locations you could imagine, yet very close to local amenities and all the area's main attractions. It is a perfect place to relax, a real 'swallows and Amazons' paradise for children....and a haven for their parents and grandparents!
The wonderful 14x7M heated, chlorine Free swimming pool and activities complex is a focal point of summer activities, and in the autumn winter period Chestnut Cottage is a cosy property with wood burning fires and central heating
What makes this chateau / country house unique
Some three years after we had undertaken major restoration and renovation work fully sympathetic with the local style, using traditional materials and techniques, Domaine Le Ruisseau was recognised as one of the most beautiful properties in the Dordogne in a visitor survey.
Chesntut Cottage has the special charm of being set in the heart of such a magnificent private estate surrounded by woods, stream, boating lake, and gardens, and yet being close to all local amenities and activities.
The 300yr old spacious and warm property is made entirely from stone, wood and materials from the estate itself and other local sources.