Inca House Rental Photos and Description
5 Bed, 4 Bath, Located in the Heart of Mallorca
Finca La Encina is a breath-taking country house with all the genuine character of typical Mallorcan manor farms, is easily accessible and at the same time secluded, in the heart of the island's true countryside with its blossoming almond trees, carobs, pine forests, vineyards and the serenity of this wonderfully authentic setting.
Summary of the facilities:
5 double bedrooms – 4 bathrooms – air conditioning and Sat TV in every bedroom and living room – floor heating – free wireless internet throughout the property – 450m2 – 24.000m2 of land.
The Property's Outdoor Amenities
The 450m2 home (4800sqft approx.), welcomes us across its extensive river-stone paved terrace surrounding the entire house, again 500m2 in surface. This patio's great holm oak and fig tree, as well as the variety of typical Mediterranean bushes and flowers, including roses, geraniums and oleanders, are beautifully complemented by the six hanging vines and copious bougainvillea, all resulting in a cool shaded area, perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea. Surrounded by pine forest and shrub land, the entire property delights us with diverse vegetation such as reeds and canes, wild olive trees and others typical of the Mediterranean, and of course, its orange and lemon orchard.
The very generous swimming pool, 8m x 20m in size, with its own terrace of around 400m2, is surrounded with a natural Mallorquan sandstone balustrade. Behind this is continues a boarder of tall reeds, palm trees, banana trees, mimosas and various other plants. In this peaceful enclave we find a large brick barbecue, an outdoor shower, a sheltered dining area with a table for 10 to 12 people, and a chill-out area with leisure furniture and a 32-inch television. Also beside the pool, under the olive trees, pines and the large weeping willow, we find the cosy beach-bar, fully equipped with bar stools, all kinds of glassware also for cocktails, with ice buckets, a sink, refrigerator and coffee machine, along with full crockery and glassware for dinner parties and sunsets by the pool.
Inside the House
Beginning on the ground floor in its entrance hall, we proceed on the right hand side, to its typical Mallorcan kitchen, with a rustic character and its imposing traditional fireplace, yet with all the modern equipment.
- An electric oven and hob with four stove rings
- Microwave and electric kettle
- Toaster and kettle
- Filter coffee machine and espresso coffee machine
- Table and chairs for ten people
- Dishes and glassware, including Mallorcan ceramic crockery.
- Also a washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board all in the adjacent garage, where we also find additional folding beds, as well as several chairs and cots for babies.
- In the garden we also find a kitchen garden and herbs for regional cuisine.
There is a spacious Wine Cellar with barrels and a table for wine tasting. There are 4 local vineyards with excellent wines in Porreres and visits to the wine cellars are possible with introduction, please contact Ruth for further information.
The Grand Sitting and Dining Room, with its noble atmosphere and 70sqm area, includes
- Air Conditioning
- 42 inch LED TV
- Large table for 10 to 12 guests
- Second smaller table for 4 to 6
- Two cabinets with two sets of glassware, crockery and cutlery.
- Two antique grandfather clocks
- Sofa and armchairs
- Doorway out to the side terrace
- The Master Bedroom, 64m2, with a double bed 1.50m x 2m in size, furniture, sofa and armchairs, en suite, two large windows and a doorway to the large private terrace of 40sqm, with ceiling fans and a view.
- A second large bedroom with a double bed 1.80m x 2m, large window to the patio, overlooking the countryside. This room has two extra fold out beds. This room shares a full bathroom with one other bedroom.
- A third bedroom with two single beds 0.90m x 1.90m. There is a large window with a view over the front terrace into the countryside. This room has 2 extra fold out beds. This room shares a complete bathroom.
There are two wooden cots and a baby bed.
On the ground floor there is a fourth bedroom with a double bed 1.80m x 2m, and another full bathroom.
Hair dryers will be found in all of the bathrooms.
- Between the pool area and the large front patio, we find a covered side-terrace with ceiling fans with a grand and original rustic table, as well as an entrance to the living room.
- A second terrace around the back, with ceiling fans and patio furniture, especially fresh and ideal for catching one's breath, since it houses a variety of large leafy plants.
- Another covered terrace further around the house, rustic in style. With a typical Mallorcan stone oven and another fireplace for barbecues. Complete with a sink and tiled counter top, there is always enough wood on the property for the all fireplaces, the stone oven and barbecue by the pool, so that all may enjoy to grill, to have oven-cooked meals or just a nice fire to sit around in the evenings.
-Quietly toddling around the terraces we often find the friendly family of kittens, which the little ones of the house will enjoy playing with and taking care of, food always being available in the garage.
About 40m away from the house and 25m from the pool, lies a guest house, with two single beds 0.90m x 1.90m, Bathroom en suite, Fridge for drinks, TV, Air conditioning, and its own furnished Terrace, surrounded by indigenous plants. Like the other rooms and bathrooms, the bungalow supplies linen and towels.
There is absolute silence from the sounds of the populated world leaving only the sounds of nature, the birds, the lambs, and the wind.
There are 4 different dining areas, the kitchen, the indoor dining area in the sitting room, the outside northern terrace, and the swimming pool terrace which has a kitchenette and a bar with television, to watch the finals of the football! The house is fitted out with three sets of dinner services, simple, traditional, clay and porcelain. There is also extensive cut glass ware, including full dinner service.
An inventory of the house will be signed on arrival and the returnable deposit paid. On leaving the property the inventory will be checked and the deposit returned in the event of no damages. Electricity up to the use of 300€ at 0.30€ per KW is included in the rental price. On signing the inventory the stance of the electrical counter will be read and should it exceed the allowed use it will be deducted from the 1000€ deposit.
Porreres, the nearby town, prides 8 restaurants, some of which are very good, and 23 bars. There are night bars which entertain through the night. It has a museum, an excellent collection of art and many days of fiestas through the summer months.
25 minutes from the airport – 30min to Palma – 3min from Porreres, an old Mallorcan village with its own restaurants and bars, supermarkets, shops, medical center, and its spectacularly imposing 750 year old church.
A 20 drive away, lie the magnificent and untouched sandy beaches of the south, Es Trenc, Es Carbó, La Rápita,
as well as the wonderful and innumerable Calas, those pine-forest sea inlets, so characteristic of our island, such as Cala D'Or, Cala Mondragó, Cala Santanyi, Cala Llombards, Cala Sa Nau, and so on.
There are 4 golf courses with in 20-30 minutes drive, and Palma is 25 minutes away for shopping. In the three larger towns close by, Felanitx, Campos and Manacor you have all the major international supermarket chains.
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- pets considered
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
Ruth McCarthy Moll
This house has been a lifetime hobby of mine. I have built it with love and attention to detail. I wish to offer a truly Mallorquian experience to the guests who stay in my house and know that they will have a wonderful holiday carrying memories of lifetime home with them.
This wonderful property has been built in such away so that an extended family with 3 generations can have a comfortable and memorable holiday. There are comforts for all ages and space enough for all to be independent. It is also suitable for two families to holiday together, sharing the magnificent world in the country of Mallorca.