Kailua Kona House Rental Photos and Description
Private, Amazing Ocean Views, 4 Bedrooms (Sleeps 8) 2.5 Baths, Heated Pool
Luxury Home with the Best Views on the Kona Coast (Big Island of Hawaii).
You'll love our heated pool! (This is not very common in Hawaii, but it is nice!) Travertine decking around the pool for the ultimate luxury. You won't want to leave!
Picture yourself lounging around the pool with the huge blue ocean always in sight, napping on the hammock, or reading on the tropical lanai sofas. Imagine one gorgeous sunset after another, framed by the palm lined coastline and the lights of Kona. Enjoy them with a glass of wine, Hawaiian music playing, surrounded by your family and friends. This is what you will find yourself doing at Kona View House.
Unlike many under $500/night vacation rentals, ours is decorated with high end furnishings and constantly maintained and upgraded to provide the perfect vacation experience. We purchased and began renting our home a few years ago and from the beginning received excellent reviews and repeat customers. Since then we have spent over $150,000 on additional improvements, including our brand new spa bath!
Our home contains Tommy Bahama-style tropical furnishings and tropical art on almost every wall. Lots of teak and bamboo. Gorgeous lanais. Solar-Heated pool. hammock. 4 TV's including a 65' Big Screen. X-Box with games. DVD Library.
New! For 8 years our guests have loved our heated pool. But the temperature does vary based on the weather conditions. Now we have an additional option to use our heat pump, to guarantee you warm water regardless of the weather. Please ask us about this option if you are interested!
Large kitchen with Cuisinart appliances and cookware. High thread count sheets, thick and thirsty towels. Sleeps up to 8 comfortably.
Your stay at Kona View House is also environmentally friendly, since we have 33 grid-tied solar panels which produce all the power we use!
This is a great home for 2-4 couples, or 1-2 families.
Even single couples are comfortable here, and for much less than a nice hotel room.
Our 24+ 5 star reviews assure you that you will have the vacation of your lives! Guests return to Kona View House year after year, and even have come back to get married!
Please click onto our website where we have dozens more photos! We have stayed at many vacation rentals ourselves, and have included every amenity we could think of, so you can the vacation of your dreams.
* Coolers, boogie boards, beach chairs and pool floats
* Storage containers to protect your food.
* High end linens and towels.
* Hawaiian CD's to get you in the aloha mood!
* High speed wireless internet.
* Large gas grill.
* Fully equipped, spacious and modern kitchen, full size washer and dryer, refrigerator with ice and water in door; new double oven, Cuisinart cookware and appliances (coffee maker, blender, toaster), rice cooker, lots of the cooking gadgets, ironing board and iron, hair dryers.
* 4 TV's with cable tv (including HD on the 2 largest); Sony Audio/Home Theater system.
* DVD library (a selection of movies for adults and kids)
* Book library
The house is on 2 floors. Upstairs is the kitchen, living room with big TV, dining room, main lanai, bedroom with king bed and ensuite bath, private den/bedroom with pull out queen bed, and powder room. Downstairs are two bedrooms with 1 full bathroom in the hallway between them. Both bedrooms downstairs walk out to the lower, travertine lanais, and the pool. One is a wonderful room with queen bed. The other has two twin beds which can be made into a king, and an armoire with x-box.
In addition to the home, weather and location play and important role in your VR choice. We are a 5-10 minute drive from downtown Kailua-Kona. Everything from Wal-mart and Safeway to the cute downtown shops and restaurants of Kailua-Kona can be reached in just a few minutes. You can even be snorkeling at one of the local beaches in just a few minutes. The airport is 15 minutes north, the mega resorts and beaches are 30 minutes north, and the Volcano is 2.5 hours south.
In terms of weather, because we are on the side of a mountain, you can choose your weather by elevation. Down toward the water it is very hot with little breeze. You would often want air conditioning at that elevation. Up at 1200-1500 feet it's quite cool; homes have fireplaces and residents wear long pants. Most people believe 600-800 feet elevation is ideal, and our home is at 650 feet. It warm enough to feel that you are in Hawaii, but almost never gets too warm. In the evening, cool air comes down the mountain, and you can control the temperature in the house by opening and closing the front door to allow this air in or not. (Note that up north where the resorts are, it is often quite windy, but here we only get light breezes.) We do have 6 ceiling fans.
Many of our guests report that they had all kinds of plans to visit places around the island, but they actually spent a lot of their time at the house, floating in the pool, hanging out on the lanai and watching the sunset, not wanting to leave. This is the experience we try to provide.
Certainly there are many vacation rentals you can choose from, but we hope you will choose ours so we can share this magical place with you. There are places that are less expensive, but we have yet to see something comparable to ours in terms of views, amentities, luxury, and style, for less.
Don't forget all the ways we will save you $ on your vacation! You can cook your meals at home, and you will have no rental costs for beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, boogie boards, coolers and snorkel gear.
Please let us know if you have any questions or would like to book a stay. Mahalo and A Hui Hou
Note: For larger but well behaved groups, the house next door may also be available for rental. We do not allow parties however; only guests staying at the homes. Total occupancy for the two homes is 16. Let us know if you would like more details on this.
Hawaii Tax ID W45307256-01
Keywords: house, home, ocean view, pool, single family, neighborhood, views
Need help figuring out where to stay in Kona? Here's some tips.
- Some people love ocean front, but it's not for everyone. It is hotter and more humid there, salt gets on everything, and appliances tend to be rusted. Personally, I can't sleep with the ocean crashing on the rocks, while my husbnd enjoys it. Most of the Kona coast is not beach, but is lava rock. Which is pretty, but is not quite the same as being on a beach. Of course there are some wonderful homes that are ocean or beach front, but nice ones are extremely expensive (over $1000 a night.) Personally, we love the panoramic coastal views! We've discovered an interesting phenomena; if we can't see the ocean and coastline, we feel kind of trapped, like we have to be out at the beach or we are 'missing out'. But if we have the panoramic view, we don't need to be at the beach all of the time. We enjoy the place we are staying more.
- 'Ocean view' can mean a lot of different things. Often it is just a sliver of ocean on the horizon. Sometimes photos have been taken to strategically avoid ugly power lines, and occasionally those power lines are even airbrushed out! Sometimes there is a view from the corner of a yard or lanai. No matter what they say, if you don't see a photo with an awesome view, it probably isn't there.
- North Kona (where we are) is great because it is sunny and dry, and has Hawaii charm. Neighborhoods such as ours have an upscale, beachy feeling. You can get great views like we have because the land is steep, plus you have the city lights at night and cruise ships in the harbor during the day. South Kona (Captain Cook, Kealakekua) is more tropical and jungly, kind of 'classic Hawaii', but definitely more remote. To me, it's a fun place to spend a few days, but not a full week. Traffic can also be bad, and you have to drive a long way for shopping and restaurants. The night views are not as interesting because you don't have the city lights. A lot of it is pretty high elevation to, which means cool and cloudy, so ask about that.
- Kohala has great beaches, and if you like a resort atmosphere with lots of golf courses and condos, it may be the best choice for you. However, it is often windy, you rarely get a view, and it's too desert-like/artificial for my tastes. No matter where you stay, keep in mind that on weekdays afternoons, especially around 4 pm, there can often be traffic coming from Kohala south into Kailua. This is primarily from workers at the Kohala resorts commuting home to South Kona or beyond.
- non smoking only
About Cindi Anderson
We are an artist and an engineer.
Cindi Anderson purchased this house in 2006
Why Cindi Anderson chose Kailua Kona
Gorgeous unobstructed views, high-end quiet neighborhood. And it's the Big Island of Hawaii, the one with the most Hawaiian charm!
What makes this house unique
Views, views, views.
Perfect temperature (not too hot like it is down lower, not too cool like it is up higher)
High end neighborhood
Guestbook comments from the owner
My family and I very much enjoyed our week on the Big Island and your home! Your home is every bit as nice as you advertise. The accommodations were great, space was more than adequate, and all the little extras you provide made our visit very special.