|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
For your weekends, tourist stays, and business trips, come and discover this furnished dependency with a very carefully decorated, Located in a welcoming city with an exceptional and green setting with all shopping facilities nearby and 9 minutes by bus or car to the historic centre of Rouen. You will stay connected to the world thanks to a free Internet Wi-Fi. TV in foreign language by satellite.
The bed is made upon arrival, linen and towel rental is free, heating is included and there is free parking in front of the property.
The train station is 4 km away and if you choose to come by train, the owner will do his best to come to pick you up.
When you arrive, from 4.00 pm, you will be offered some pastry.
Dates are flexible and rates are on a case-by-case basis.
As soon as weather permits, you can have your meals in the garden overlooked by the steeple of the church adjoining the property (BBQ upon request).
2 minutes by foot from the subway and bus stops, 9 minutes from the historic centre of Rouen, 100 km from Paris, less than 100 km from the beaches of Normandy: Dieppe, le Havre, Honfleur, Deauville, Trouville, Cabourg: Etretat, le Treport, Veules les Roses, 20 km from Evreux, 80 km from Giverny, this property as an ideal location to discover the whole Normandy as well as greater Paris area.
To visit Rouen, you have to give some time to fell under its many charms: the cathedral (14th century) the Abbey Church of Saint Ouen (14th century), the Gros-Horloge (16th century), the Square of the Vieux Marché and Sainte Jeanne d'Arc Church, the Courthouse (16th century), and the Tower Jeanne D'Arc (13th century), the Aître Saint-Maclou, the Jewish Memorial are the main jewels. The antique dealers district, the museums; Museum of Fine Arts and its galleries, Museum of Metalwork, Museum of Ceramics (old town of Rouen), Museum Jeanne d'Arc, Museum of Waterways and Harbour, Museum Gustave Flaubert, House of Pierre Corneille, Museum of Antiques and National Museum of Education, the Museum of Natural History are must-sees.
Many events are held all year long like the 24h Monotiques outboard races on May 1st of each year, Jeanne d'Arc celebrations at the end of May, the show of Monet's Cathedrals from June to September, Saint-Romain's Fair on the banks of the Seine River in November, (second largest carnival of France after the Foire du Trône in Paris), Christmas market in December and finaly, the Armada, held every five years on the banks of the Seine, in the heart of Rouen and that brings together big sailing boats, boats and military ships. It is one of the most important sea related events in the world. It is totally free and for everyone.
Other sites of interest:
- The banks of the Seine River, visit of the city in the small train, visit of the harbour in a speedboat, the Jardin des Plantes, markets on Saturday and Sunday.
- less than one hour of the picturesque villages of Lyons-la-Fôret, La Bouille, Ry, Forges-les-Eaux, Giverny, Gerberoy as well as many gardens like the Clos du Coudray, the Bois des Moutiers, the Agapanthe, the Bellevue, the Thuit-St-Jean, etc.
- the castles of Bonnemare (XVI), Fleury la Forêt (XVII), Montaure (XVIII), Harcourt (XIII), Champ de Bataille (XVII), Bizy (XVIII), Beaumesnil (XVII), Cany (XVII), Miromesnil (XVIII), Bosmelet, Mesnières, Vascoeuil, Martainville ….etc.
- the Route des Abbayes (the Abbey road): St Georges de Boscherville (XII), Jumièges (XI), St Wandrille (XIII), Gruchet, Mortemer (XII), le Bec Hélloin (XV), Bonport (XIII) ...
- in Fécamp are the Palais Bénédictine and the Terres-Neuvas Museum,
- in Giverny are the house and the gardens of Claude Monet as well as the American Art Museum.
- less than 100 km from the beaches of Dieppe, St-Valery, Fecamp, Veules lès Roses, Le Havre, Deauville, Trouville, Cabourg: Etretat, le Treport, etc.
- in Lower Normandy are the landing beaches and the Mont St-Michel
Finally, because Normandy is the cradle of Impressionism, You will be able, from Rouen to Honfleur, to follow the steps of painters from this movement and discover the many art galleries.
I am a former executive in the communication field and visual artist, I am passionate about plastic art and decoration, and I am delighted to welcome travellers and indicate the cultural and tourit must-sees of the area.
Janine Auvray purchased this house in 1997
I wanted to revive this dependency where my mother used to live while privileging the contact with my guests. I also love to share my passion for art.
The key word for this residence is Serenity. The comfort, decoration, and peaceful surroundings allow the residents to recharge their batteries. The garden, protected by the steeple of the Longpaon Church, is a haven of peace just a few metres away from the historic centre of Rouen.
9 minutes away from the historic centre of Rouen, the location allows visiting Normandy while enjoying a pleasant setting in the heart of a small and green small town.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable damage deposit||€400|
|Stay tax||€0.65 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 13 years.|
EN OPTION : paiement ménage fin de séjour 60 € (en espèces à régler le jour de l'arrivée)
Arrivée à partir de 15 heures et départ avant 11 heures
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (EUR) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.