Chilmark House Rental Photos and Description
4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 8
This spacious, comfortably furnished home is conveniently located between Chilmark and West Tisbury. The master bedroom and a bath are downstairs; three bedrooms and a bath are upstairs off the loft that overlooks the living and dining rooms. The living and dining rooms have a cathedral ceiling, wood floors, and operable skylights. There is a large, separate family room plus a spacious deck with a table and furniture. The house is fully equipped, including all appliances, 2 cable TVs w/ VCRs and DVDs, a stereo, gas and charcoal grills, ceiling fans, air conditioning, and wireless hi speed Internet. The house is set back from the road and has a large, landscaped, private yard. You'll have easy access to all three Chilmark beaches. Get fresh-from-the-boat fish right down the road in Menemsha and to-die-for sweets at Chilmark Chocolates. The layout of the house makes it perfect for individuals, couples, families with kids, groups of friends, and a couple of families who want to share their vacation.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AVAILABLE: Go to www.coastwiseconsulting.com/vineyard for additional information about the house and the Vineyard.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Tracy Gibbons
Welcome to Martha's Vineyard and to my home in Chilmark!! I have been coming to the Vineyard for over 30 years, and it's my favorite place on the planet. When I bought the house in 1999, it was the fulfillment of a long-time dream.
Tracy Gibbons purchased this house in 1999
Why Tracy Gibbons chose Chilmark
As a renter for many of these years, I have figured out what makes a vacation house attractive and comfortable. In fact, I had rented this house for my own vacation--and then ended up buying it! It's comfortably and completely furnished, and the bathrooms and kitchen have been renovated.
What makes this house unique
Ten Reasons Why This Is A Great House:
• It's located on North Road, equally convenient to both Chilmark and West Tisbury centers and an easy trip to all three down island towns--Vineyard Haven, Edgartown, and Oak Bluffs.
• I can safely walk along North Road, and I can ride my bike to Alley's for the paper. It's an easy ride to the State Forest bike path and the network of bike paths around the island.
• I think that Lucy Vincent Beach is the most beautiful beach anywhere--and to use this beach, you have to be staying in Chilmark.
• The house has everything I need all on the first floor, and when my friends come to visit, they have their own space on the second floor.
• With four bedrooms, two baths, and a separate family room, it's spacious and can comfortably accommodate couples, folks with kids, and even a couple of families who want to share their vacation.
• It's quiet and private.
• It has the amenities that I'd just as soon not do without--a dishwasher, a coffee pot that works, dishes that match, a microwave, a gas grill, pots and pans that still have the teflon on them, two cable TVs with DVDs, cordless phones with answering machine, wireless Internet access, AND, it's air conditioned!!!
• I never liked going to the dump or cleaning the house on the last night of vacation, so trash pick up and cleaning are included in the rent.
• I can get fresh-from-the-boat fish any time I want it right down the road in Menemsha.
• And last, but far from least--it's just a short drive to Chilmark Chocolates!!!