Barnstable House Rental Photos and Description
7 BR, 6.5 BA, Sleeps 18 Max.
Exquisite antique tavern house nestled within a quaint village by the sea and centrally located to all Cape and Island attractions. Ideal location for family vacations, reunions, business outings, golf outings, etc. The tavern house has been meticulously restored and is one of Cape Cod's unique historic landmarks but is comfortably furnished for modern living. Set on 3.5 acres of land with gardens and rolling grass areas but with a wooded back yard setting. A large barn that is available for large gatherings but with a cozy and quaint decor welcomes you. Plan to host you next family gathering, cooperate outing or special event in this rusticly restored barn.
Family Reunions: Family reunions are our largest kinds of bookings. I think it is because we have 7 bedrooms and 6 1/2 baths but also that we have sitting areas in each of the bedrooms and 2 bedrooms on the first floor if someone can not do the stairs. We also have a yard with 2 acres of wood for privacy and another acre that is mowed and has nice gardens spread throughout and 2 patios to lounge about or have meals on. There is also a barn for recreation, games, or just to gather. We are located in the historic district considered the 'historic mile'. It is considered by most the prettiest and quaintest part of the Cape. You can walk to several nice restaurants and the village of Barnstable from this property. From the Barnstable harbor there is a whale watch boat that leaves for family outings and many deep sea fishing boats for hire. Come and enjoy a bit of history in this very historic property.
Birthdays, anniversary, friends on an outing: A quaint place to gather and host a special event. The Tavern has hosted many special family events such as birthdays, anniversaries and family reunions to name just a few. A wonderful place to gather.
Golf: For the golfer there are many courses to try out your talents. Some with water views and many that are a challenge to even the best golfer. Ask us for names to the local courses that we have tried or a list of the best Restaurants to host your group. We also have available several caters and or lobster bake grops to make your gathering even more memorable.
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
About Anne Carlson
Bryan and I have always loved antique homes...this is our second one. It has been fun to decorate and pass along the history of this very famous Tavern. We hold all our family holidays at this house and for the past 13 years it has been a special place to gather for all our generations.
Anne Carlson purchased this house in 1999
Why Anne Carlson chose Barnstable
We bought this house as income property and have always run it as a rental in seaon. We have had other rental property but this one has been a labor of love. We wanted an old house with charm....we certainly got that, and we wanted it to be large to accommodate all of our family in the off season.
What makes this house unique
The size of this house has been a plus. We have gathered large groups of golf friends each Fall and Spring before we open for the season and have found it to be a great place to cook, gather, and intertain. The kitchen is a good cooking kitchen and the barn a great place for the Grandkids and others to relax and play. The yard is large, private and level so lends itself to games, great views and privacy form both patios. Also the closeness to the Village of Barnstable means no need to get in a car for dinner or to get to the beach...and only 2 miles to Hyannis.
Guestbook comments from the owner
The Crocker Tavern House continues to receive top ratings and reviews from well over 90% of its rental guests. In response to a recent inaccurate review, the owners would like to document their consistent adherence to the following quality standards:
(1) Eight of the rooms are air-conditioned, which includes all of the bedrooms. In addition, filters are replaced in all of the air-conditioners at the beginning of the season, and the inventory is consistently updated.
(2) The Tavern is thoroughly cleaned on a four-hour schedule before all new rentals by the owners of Cape Cod Property Watch, who confirm that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained, and that there is no mold.
(3) There are three staircases in the Tavern; all have appropriate safety railings that were installed when this home won a award for the BEST HISTORIC RESTORATION ON CAPE COD.
(4) The antique exterior stairs is an historic artifact to which the owners installed a railing for the safety and convenience of guests.
(5) Gardeners are hired throughout the season to maintain the beauty and serenity of the Tavern's bucolic setting; this service is non-intrusive as the gardeners are on-site just once a week during daytime periods.
(6) Given the consistency of top-ratings coupled with the above-referenced quality standards, the recent inaccurate review should be regarded as an aberration.