Exquisite antique tavern house nestled within a quaint village by the sea and centrally located to all Cape and Island attractions. Ideal location for family vacations, reunions, wedding parties, business retreats, golf outings, etc. The tavern house has been meticulously restored and is one of Cape Cod's unique historic landmarks but is comfortably furnished for modern living.
Family reunions are our largest kinds of bookings. I think it is because we have 7 bedrooms and 6 1/2 baths but also that we have sitting areas in each of the bedrooms and 2 bedrooms on the first floor if someone can not do the stairs. We also have a yard with 2 acres of wood for privacy and another acre that is mowed and has nice gardens spread throughout and 2 patios to lounge about or have meals on. There is also a barn for recreation, games, or just to gather. We are located in the historic district considered the 'historic mile'. It is considered by most the prettiest and quaintest part of the Cape. You can walk to several nice restaurants and the village of Barnstable from this property. From the Barnstable harbor there is a whale watch boat that leaves for family outings and many deep sea fishing boats for hire. Come and enjoy a bit of history in this very historic property.
A great place to host family and friends and for a special event.. Many have celebrated a special birthday of event in the yard or in our renovated barn. We have caterers available to assist in planning your special event.
For the golfer there are many courses to try out your talents. Some with water views and many that are a challenge to even the best golfer.
This is a fun and historic house to live in. It is full of history and this history is written up in many books and magazines but a fun one to revisit before a trip to The Tavern might be Cape Cod. It mentions the Tavern many times as it was a place where the Whigs met and Patrick Henry was mentioned as a regular visitor as was many other important political figures of the time.
Keywords: Close to the ocean and many major attections this Large renovated historic property is located on 3+ acres of private grounds close to the village of Barnstable.
This location is ideal. We are located just 7/10th of a mile to the local Millway beach and only a few miles to a large body of fresh water. Also we are within walking distance, about 2 blocks to the Village of Barnstable and the restauants, theater, village stores, ice cream, coffee, antiques and post office. We are also only a few miles to the center of Hyannis, the capes "city". Here you will find BJ's, Home Depot, Stop and SHop, Shaws, Panara Bread, Macys, The large theaters, the mall, Trader Joes, The Christmas Tree Shop and Barnes and Noble. Also the harbor has the Whale Watch boat, deep sea fishing boats and a good seafood restaurant that is right at this harbor. If you wish to explore either sid of end of the Cape then you are centrally located to be able to go to Provincetown or to Wareham.
This one is an easy one to answer. We have owned this property for 12 + years. We have always loved the character of older houses and this one just exudes this character. The woodwork is a fine example of the detail of the period and the setting near the village makes the location ideal to get to dinner, swimming, the harbor, the antique shops and the theater. We always host friends and family at the house when we are there and especially fun to have so many be able to stay overnight and spend quality time together. We have both Thanksgiving and Christmas there and host all of our Grandchildren ages from 1-13. I fun place to gather for all.
The Crocker Tavern House continues to receive top ratings and reviews from well over 90% of its rental guests. In response to a recent inaccurate review, the owners would like to document their consistent adherence to the following quality standards:
(1) Eight of the rooms are air-conditioned, which includes all of the bedrooms. In addition, filters are replaced in all of the air-conditioners at the beginning of the season, and the inventory is consistently updated.
(2) The Tavern is thoroughly cleaned on a four-hour schedule before all new rentals by the owners of Cape Cod Property Watch, who confirm that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained, and that there is no mold.
(3) There are three staircases in the Tavern; all have appropriate safety railings that were installed when this home won a award for the BEST HISTORIC RESTORATION ON CAPE COD.
(4) The antique exterior stairs is an historic artifact to which the owners installed a railing for the safety and convenience of guests.
(5) Gardeners are hired throughout the season to maintain the beauty and serenity of the Tavern's bucolic setting; this service is non-intrusive as the gardeners are on-site just once a week during daytime periods.
(6) Given the consistency of top-ratings coupled with the above-referenced quality standards, the recent inaccurate review should be regarded as an aberration.
The Cape has many fun things to do. THere is cycling on all kinds of trails, walking, golfing at the many many courses,autumn foliage, library story hours, fresh water ponds to explore, beachcombing, bird watching, whale watching, deepsea fishing, pier fishing, sound/bay fishing, scenic drives antiquing, museums for all ages, active theater groups, The Melody Tent has many famous groups all season, Day trip to the Vineyard and Nantucket, Ghost tours, Learn to sail, fish, parasail, or golf.