Video about our rural tourism cottages: http://goo.gl/qpC76O
More pictures about our rural cottages: http://countryvillage.wix.com/northportugal#!Overview/mainPage
Come now and contact with the green nature, with the countryside / agriculture, peace / tranquility, escape from their daily routines. Discover new places, cultures and traditions, and authentic / genuine contact with the local population.
These comfortable houses recently rebuilt maintaining the original architecture, are located in the North of Portugal (Minho), on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park.
GRANDMA´S HOUSE has:
- 1 large bedroom with 1 double bed, 1 sofa with two single beds and one private bathroom.
- On the same floor has 1 more bathroom. Large dining/sitting room with 1 double sofa bed;
- The kitchen is fully equipped with stove, toaster, coffee machine, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge / freezer.
- This house has cable TV, hi-fi system, DVD player, home cinema system with full surround sound, internet.
Outside Grandma's house has a terrace with barbecue, dining area and stunning views of the river Vez, the valley and the mountains.
GRANDPA´S HOUSE has:
- 2 bedrooms (1 bedroom with 1 double bed and the other with two single beds) and 2 bathrooms, one of them private. With 1 sofa bed in the living room.
- The kitchen is modern and fully equipped with stove, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer, fridge. This house has cable TV, hi-fi system, DVD player, Home theater system with full surround sound, internet.
- The grandpa´s house has no outside space.
- The picnic area of Senhor dos Aflitos, in Sistelo, has a dining area and barbecue (see photo).
- Bed linen and towels included. Products for breakfast.
The village of Sistelo has several HISTORICAL ATTRACTIONS to visit, of which we highlight:
- FOOTPATHS that lead to secular Brandas of Sistelo, ideal for lovers of the contact with nature and the mountain;
- CASTLE SISTELO (civil architecture residential, eclectic), Fountain (infrastructural architecture, nineteenth century); Parish Church (religious architecture, and nineteenth-century vernacular), bridges (transport and communications architecture, eighteenth century).
- Sistelo is also famous for its 'SOCALCOS', which arose from the need to increase the agricultural area and counteract the slopes. These structures allowed the development of subsistence agriculture is extremely important for the survival of rural communities. You can see the 'Granaries', built in the seventeenth century, in order to dry the corn.
Sistelo is a village located in northern Portugal, on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park, inviting us to climb through the mountains of walking in the footsteps of shepherds and their animals, we lead to secular Brandas of Sistelo, ideal for lovers of the contact with nature and the mountain.
Sistelo is famous for its 'solcalcos', which arose from the need to increase the agricultural area and counteract the slopes. These structures allowed the development of subsistence agriculture is extremely important for the survival of rural communities. You can see the 'granaries', built in the seventeenth century, in order to dry the corn.
The Peneda Geres National Park is one of the greatest natural attractions in Portugal, due to its impressive scenic beauty, ecological value, ethnographic and variety of fauna (ponies, wolves, birds of prey) and flora (pine, chestnut, oak and various medicinal plants .) It extends from the mountains of Geres, in the south, through the mountains of Peneda to the Spanish border.
Located in the park are important centers of pilgrimage, the Shrine of Our Lady of Peneda, replica of the sanctuary of Bom Jesus de Braga, and St. Benedict's Open Door, a place of great popular devotion.
This area is characterized by its parties (traditional music, costumes, songs and dances).
There are markets in exceptional Cerveira (Saturday), Viana Do Castelo (Friday), walks (Wednesday) and many others.
Follow the wine route green along the Minho Valley, passing between rolling hills covered with vineyards that produce wine of the region.
Other places to visit:
- Arcos de Valdevez is located approximately 20 km and is characterized by restaurants, bars, supermarkets and a river beach.
- Ponte de Lima is an ancient city about 30 km and is characterized by its medieval architecture. It is surrounded by the river Lima. There is also the Golf Course Ponte de Lima (18 holes) at 25 minutes.
- Melgaco, a beautiful town located about 30 km, the river Minho
- Monsoon (Region Albariño wine), with three modern supermarkets located 22 km away, has a wonderful outdoor public pool.
- Valencia (35 km), the old city, to visit mandatory.
- Vigo (60 km) and Santiago de Compostela (150 km) are other places to visit.
Travel: A 90 minutes from the airport of Porto (Portugal) and Santiago de Compostela (Spain). The journey from Porto airport is via the A3 motorway. Flights are available from Stansted, Heathrow, Gatwick to Porto (Portugal) and Stansted, Heathrow to Santiago de Compostela. Also from Liverpool to Porto and Santiago de Compostela, and Dublin to Porto.
For more information visit: http://countryvillage.wix.com/northportugal.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Mar 20 2014 - Sep 16 2015
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add €15 per night, per additional guest|
|Notes||Os preços são para DUAS PESSOAS em cada casa.
Cada pessoa adicional 15 euros por noite.
Estadia mínima de 2 noites.
Prices are for 2 persons in each house.
Each additional person 15 euros per night.
Minimum stay of 2 nights.
Les prix sont pour 2 personnes dans chaque maison.
Chaque personne supplémentaire 15 euros par nuit.
Séjour minimum de 2 nuits.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (EUR) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.