Arcos de Valdevez Cottage Rental Photos and Description
2 Cottages with 1 and 2 bedrooms TERRACE stunning views, walks
Video about our rural tourism cottages: http://goo.gl/qpC76O
More pictures about our rural cottages: http://countryvillage.wix.com/northportugal#!Overview/mainPage
Come now and contact with the green nature, with the countryside / agriculture, peace / tranquility, escape from their daily routines. Discover new places, cultures and traditions, and authentic / genuine contact with the local population.
These comfortable houses recently rebuilt maintaining the original architecture, are located in the North of Portugal (Minho), on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park.
GRANDMA´S HOUSE has:
- 1 large bedroom with 1 double bed, 1 sofa with two single beds and one private bathroom.
- On the same floor has 1 more bathroom. Large dining/sitting room with 1 double sofa bed;
- The kitchen is fully equipped with stove, toaster, coffee machine, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge / freezer.
- This house has cable TV, hi-fi system, DVD player, home cinema system with full surround sound, internet.
Outside Grandma's house has a terrace with barbecue, dining area and stunning views of the river Vez, the valley and the mountains.
GRANDPA´S HOUSE has:
- 2 bedrooms (1 bedroom with 1 double bed and the other with two single beds) and 2 bathrooms, one of them private. With 1 sofa bed in the living room.
- The kitchen is modern and fully equipped with stove, oven, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer, fridge. This house has cable TV, hi-fi system, DVD player, Home theater system with full surround sound, internet.
- The grandpa´s house has no outside space.
- The picnic area of Senhor dos Aflitos, in Sistelo, has a dining area and barbecue (see photo).
- Bed linen and towels included.
The village of Sistelo has several HISTORICAL ATTRACTIONS to visit, of which we highlight:
- FOOTPATHS that lead to secular Brandas of Sistelo, ideal for lovers of the contact with nature and the mountain;
- CASTLE SISTELO (civil architecture residential, eclectic), Fountain (infrastructural architecture, nineteenth century); Parish Church (religious architecture, and nineteenth-century vernacular), bridges (transport and communications architecture, eighteenth century).
- Sistelo is also famous for its 'SOCALCOS', which arose from the need to increase the agricultural area and counteract the slopes. These structures allowed the development of subsistence agriculture is extremely important for the survival of rural communities. You can see the 'Granaries', built in the seventeenth century, in order to dry the corn.
Details for GrandMa House 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, 2 Bathrooms
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets not allowed