For decades we have received tourists. People from almost all walks of life have stayed with us and many have returned, years and years later.
We are in the north of Portugal, in the verdant province of Minho. There is much we can offer - both rare and intense.
The fresh and beautiful scenery, fresh air, fertile soil, rich culture, and a people proud of its secular traditions, where wine is unique in the world, the cuisine has flavours and unforgettable architectural beauty makes us proud of a past so remote.
Ponte de Lima is the oldest Portuguese village and we love to show it to the world.
We have over 5 hectares of land surrounded by a crystal clear stream, a tributary of the river Lima. and have three buildings set within that we have dedicated to offering our guests. The property is only 1 mile from the village, is situated on one of the pathways of Santiago de Compostela.
Our property has a total of 3 homes on site to rent - ideal for a large family and/or group of friends.
- The Main House, originated in the sixteenth century, spread over two floors. A spacious dining room which can seat eight adults a wonderful lounge with seating for up to 12 adults - three double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom, kitchen with breakfast table to seat up to 8 adults and lovely covered balcony looking out over the land where meals for all the guests can be had and can be very special.
- The Watermill is an old mill house, surrounded by trees, with the murmur of the stream nearby. It has lovely period features as well and has two bedrooms two bathrooms a living room, and a kitchenette. This gives great privacy and flexibility for guests who are part of a larger group.
- The Maisonette, a few meters from the main house enjoys every comfort, and is comprised of a double bedroom with en-suite, living room, kitchenette and a porch with a wonderful view.
All three homes have fireplaces and are fully equipped. The main house has its own garden, the Watermill and Cottage are adjacent to the pool, where it extends to a large inviting lawn and a beautiful apple orchard.
More is nestling in the background, hidden from the eyes, we have our 'island'. A small paradise that makes children's eyes shine with delight - a great playground for them to explore.
Being in the area of Sabadão, there is much to know and enjoy. A half hour by car, is Spain, Braga and Viana do Castelo - Minho two cities full of history and charm.
In the summer, the 'fun and fiesta' is guaranteed, and the many beaches of the Costa Verde and its fishing villages - just 15 minutes - are beautiful treasures to explore.
This is also the soul of the Alto Minho. Clean air, good cheap food and Vinho Verde, equal to Minho: fresh and eternally joyful.
Main house accommodates 6 adults and 3 children
There are 3 bedrooms and all are ensuite
2 double bedrooms and one twin bedroom
All bedrooms open onto the garden.
Kitchen ( fully equipped with washing machine, microwave, refrigerator)
- Living room with fireplace and terrace with tables facing the vineyard
- Dining room
Suitable for 2 adults and 1-2 children
Bedroom with double bed and bathroom
Living room with fireplace and sofa bed
Accommodates 4 adults
One bedroom with double bed and bathroom
Living room with fireplace and a dining room
A bedroom with direct access to the garden
- Private gardens
- Mid week clean and weekly clean if staying more than one included
- Wifi access - free
Options upon request
- Breakfast - wonderful amazing and only €10 per person
- Daily Maid Service
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
Nov 2 2013 - Dec 20 2013
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (British Pound) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.