|Minimum Stay||4 - 5 nights|
'Villa Costa' is a modern and attractive villa, located in Santo António, perfect for a small group of friends or family who want to enjoy a vacation to rest and recharge. In a welcoming city full of gastronomic diversity, climate leads all year, it is ideally located, being only a small jump of the most famous attractions in the area. The center of Funchal is 10 minutes by bus.
I am 33 born in South Africa, my parents are Maderian and we decided to move to this magnificent island 12 years ago. I designed and decorated the house for my personal use, however I have not had the opportunity to use it, hence why I decided to share it with people who want to visit this amazing island.
Susana da Costa purchased this house in 2005
It is ideally located, with its welcoming locals and choice of bars, cafes and restaurants. Some of the areas best known attractions are only a short drive away. Funchal city centre is a 10 minute bus drive away. You are ideally situated as you able to easily explore the island and return to a relaxing home.
Villa Costa has an amazing mountain view, which can be appreciated from the patio, It overlooks a beautiful garden which includes a childrens splash pool
What an understated advert I must say, spending 2 weeks in this amazing property was better than I could have expected. The house was perfect, exactly like it was in the pictures and completely spotless.
If you’re looking for a 5 star hotel but don’t want to pay the stupid hotel prices (came up at £2500 for me for 2 weeks for 2 people), or you want to have more room and enough breathing space for 3 - 4 couples comfortably then this is the perfect place. I chose to stay in this property over the hotel because I enjoy cooking and I didn’t want to go out for dinner every night.
I'll just bullet point out the best bits
2. Suzy is a great Landlady, we had family over and she didn’t have any complaints and even joined us for a BBQ on Tuesday, when you invite her get her to make her cheesecake :D
3. Bathrooms were amazing, Lovely shower, lovely bathroom, spotlessly clean, no mould at all anywhere (unlike most hotels).
4. Rocky the dog :D, I spent 2 weeks trying to get him to play with me but he’s a little chicken, cute dog though.
5. Huge BBQ available on the terrace for you to use, it was big enough for me to do dinner for 15 people on it.
6. TV has cable and a number of English programs on it (albeit with subtitles, but it’s not England is it)
7. Suzy couldn’t do enough to help us, she called us cabs, recommended where to go, pointed out dinner options and even told us about seasonal events (firework competition)
8. Far enough out of Funchal to be pleasantly quiet but close enough for a 7 euro cab journey.
9. Huge kitchen with a great stove and oven.
10. Washing machine out the back which is very handy, it’s normally pretty hot so clothes will dry quickly.
11. Really, Really close to Madeira Shopping, you can walk it but I recommend the 4 euro cab. It’s pretty much uphill all the way. However you have the superstore there where you can do your weekly shopping and get drinks/breakfast etc etc.
12. You can walk around in your dressing gown and go and get a coffee from your huge kitchen, sit on your huge terrace and drink it whilst sitting in your swing seat checking out the views of funchal… Much better than having to have a shower in a cramped room, getting fully dressed and then waiting in a queue like a lemming at a busy Hotel breakfast room.
I really can’t give this property enough praise, I was so surprised when I got it for the price I did, all was perfect!
Things to do in Madeira: There is a wide range of activities to satisfy all your desires. The Atlantic invites you to go sailing, fishing, whale and dolphins, waterskiing, surfing, diving and swimming lessons. The sea temperature varies between 18 and 24 ° C depending on the season. For diving enthusiasts diving, the Garajau coast is one of the first underwater nature reserves in Europe. Back on land where there is a wide variety of leisure activities. Downtown proportions you a pleasant stroll through historic streets, monuments and gardens with some of the rarest plants in the world. Existing villages on the island have to offer beautiful landscapes, natural beaches, golf clubs and impressive volcanic caves. Do not lose either visiting the theme park, museum of Madeira wine, much like the traditional descent into the "Carrinhos do Monte". For nature lovers and romantics, there are all over the island the famous "levadas" which you proportioned walks where you will discover breathtaking landscapes proportioning unforgettable photographs.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Notes||Vous devez verser une avance de 50% lors de la réservation par virement bancaire, le reliquat devra être réglé en espèce le jour de votre arrivée.|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (EUR) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.