Budapest Cottage Rental Photos and Description
Retreat from all cottage holiday, still ideal central location for exploring
The Retreat Cottage is located in a small village, Pakozd, near (5 kms or 3 miles) Lake Velence, and close to (50 kms or 30 miles) Budapest. Ideal place for a retreat from all, or explore Hungary during day trips, or take part in local activities, such as beach activities at the lake, horse riding school in the village, walking at hills that start one street away from the cottage, or at the nearby arboretum.
- Thatched roof cottage dated from 1837 and upgraded with modern facilities (over 90 square meters, 1000 square feet)
- Three rooms, kitchen with dining area, bathroom and separate toilet, central heating, wood heated stove, cable TV, washing machine, oven, fridge, microwave oven, toaster, sandwich maker, coffee maker, water boiler kattle
- Beautiful, green garden with large willow tree, wine cellar (not in use), sand pit, open fire
- Solar heated outside pool (5.4 meter long, 1.2 meter deep), pool volley ball with net
- Menu and home delivery from local fine Hungarian restaurant (lunch and dinner) is available at the cottage
You can enjoy locally:
- Take some horse riding lessons at the horse riding school in the village, which is a highly regarded school specializing in a wide range of activities from advanced horse racing to horse therapy (for sick children and adults).
- Try some water sports, like windsurfing or kayaking, at the nearby Lake Velence. Advanture for a guided kayak trip and explore the lake.
- Enjoy the thermal spa at the nearby local resort at Lake Velence. Advanture pools and kids pools are also great fun.
- Explore the forest park by walking from the cottage down the street to a protected wooded area with special granit rock formations.
- Or just relax and dip into your own pool in the cottage garden!
Local activity descriptions and program suggestions for day trips are provided for visitors. These include local horse riding school, walking route suggestions with map, Lake Velence activity suggestions, including thermal bath and beach with water sports, day trips to Budapest, Szentendre, Lake Balaton, and others.
Good restaurant is available in the village and nearby and there are English and German menu copies in the cottage to order meals delivered staight to the cottage from the local restaurant.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- children welcome