Ideally located in the historic centre of Bordeaux.
Charming apartment newly refurbished.
All comfort, for some days or weeks in our wonderful region.
By car, the parking is just outside, by foot, two tramway lines or bike rental two steps away.
Our region is plenty of beautiful spots:
• The outstanding places: The lavish Garonne quays, where you cannot miss the Sunday bio market in the Chartrons district, and where you can taste oysters, and white wine sitting facing the Garonne, just like all the locals, it is very nice and not expensive (in front of the CAPC in the map)
• The face of Bordeaux, the best view point in the quays is the right boardwalk (lovely shaded promenade). L'Estacade restaurant, book in advance and request the closest table to the Garonne with view of the city, stunning sunsets and views of the quays.
• If you come by car, you can visit the small village of the left bank (one of which is Quinsac, my village) which are lovely, with green hills and covered with vines, exquisite... or those of the Bourg sur Gironde region, very pleasant, and there are savouring days at the tourist office, on the small boat that sands in the coast of Bordeaux, still at Bourg sur Gironde, it is a very pleasant boat trip on the estuary (with savouring.).
• If you want to get out of Bordeaux, you have to go to St. Emilion, a wonderful village with lavish promenades. There are many people in summer, and for those who do not like wine, the local speciality is macaroon.
• You also have to see the Arcachon Bay, the Dune of Pilat (a must see).
In Bordeaux you can also:
• See the sunrise from the stone bridge.
• Take a VCUB bike to discover Bordeaux (not expensive and practical)
• Taste the 'Cannelé' pastry (local speciality)
• Be amazed by the futuristic Palace of Justice
• Take the tramway and go to the Bastide district and to the botanical garden to discover rare species.
• Have a drink with friends (CIVB bar) just in front of the Bordeaux tourist office (it is a must; it is great, convenient and cheap).
• Admire the water mirror effect of the sunset on the water at the Bourse square.
If you fancy a visit to a wine-producing castle or if you just want to know more about wine, I can introduce you to a friend that is a wine passionate and can take you around the castles or organize a wine tasting evening for you. You just tell me.