Upscale private retreat on beautiful White River in the scenic Ozarks. Developed especially for large families, the property is unbeatable for the perfect family reunion or corporate retreat. Located on a dead-end country road, you will enjoy complete privacy with all the amenities.
A beautiful pool, world-class fishing, nature trails, recreation field, horseshoes and other nearby attractions will make your function complete. 3 large log homes can accommodate up to 50. All are beautifully furnished, central air, fireplaces and great riverfront views.
What a wonderful place and more , it exceeded all of our expectations. Our family has voted to make this our priority location for all future reunions. Thanks for helping bring our family a little closer together. I am a family pratice physcian and this is one of the most unique vacation rentals I have experienced. Keep up the good work. Dr Illie
Our family held our family reunion at your wonderful mountain resort earlier this month. Our family consists of very young babies, children, teens, and young, middle-aged and older adults. We found all the acommodations to be just perfect. The activities available were many and fun for all. The fishing was exciting and all the fisherpeople caught several fish each. The young people enjoyed the swimming, basketball, boating and the rope swing to the max. The surroundings were beautiful and more importantly, very safe. Our members, from the very young to the very old considered this to be the "time of our lives".
As mentioned by the previous writer, there was a bad smell emanating from a farm nearby but our inconvenience was more than compensated for by being permitted free usage of some ammenities which we normally would have been charged for. The owner and caretaker were very courteous and acommodating. We intend to hold our family reunion at this place again next year.
Our family reunion ended up with the Ohana, Honeymoon, and Cedar Lodge but this review is focused only on the General Site and Honeymoon Cabin specifically:
Pros: White River access for fishing, Very rural, Lots of fish & wildlife, Nice pool and firepit areas
- Availability of the kayacks, pontoon boats, etc. -- while not well advertised and at an extra cost -- absolutely essential if you want to maximize your adventures here.
- The farm next door was spreading manure during our stay -- forcing us inside from the stench for at least one day.
- At least 35 minutes each way (unless you like driving 60+ mph on small, winding roads) to get to the closest grocery
- Overly "friendly" maintenance person -- made himself a little too available at times
- A little "down in the mouth" with numerous (but small) maintenance issues outstanding -- an exposed"hot-wire" near the patio could have been a shock hazard, non-functional lighting, holes in screens, etc.
Pros: Air Conditioned, Rustic feel, Well-equiped kitchen
- Despite the loft and livingroom couches, really only comfortable for 2 adults plus some teens in the loft
- Bath (& hot water) barely adequate for 2 people
- Claw-foot tub is cute but impractical as a shower (curved bottom and lack of shelving) -- and minimal hot water means it is also impractical as an intimate bath
- Several outlets and lights appeared to be non-functional
- People sleeping in the loft should plan on exposing themselves to either the outdoors (huge window has no curtain) or to people in the living room.