Glenbeigh House Rental Photos and Description
Substantial Home of 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, and plenty of living space
Hurricane Lodge is an exceptional Family Holiday Home close to Rossbeigh Beach, a Blue Flag Beach, famous for its rolling waves and large expanse. The house is set within its own grounds, and is very quiet and secluded. It comprises of 6 bedrooms. 1 double en-suite; 1 King en-suite; 1 queen; 1 single en-suite; 1 twin and 1 large 4ft single. There are 2 further bathrooms. The kitchen is large with both electric and oil cooking; fully equipped with a separate outdoor utility room. There are 2 living rooms, both with TV. Our dining room has a large fire place and snug bar. There is a large sunny conservatory overlooking the sea. There is wifi broadband for guests’ use. There is ample car parking around the house. There are numerous golf courses within an hours drive, including Dooks which is one of Ireland's oldest courses with spectacular views. Glenbeigh is a pretty village with a supermarket with petrol station; Post Office; 2 long established hotels which serve food and a pub.
There are many places you can visit, and you can see some photos in the art gallery. The following are trips/excursions which I would recommend:
1. Driving the Ring of Kerry, which passes right around the Iveragh Peninsula. Kenmare is a lovely town and an ideal place to have lunch.
2.Driving around the Dingle Peninsula, stopping off in Dingle town to enjoy a good lunch with local fish delicacies. You could also include a boat trip to the Blasket Islands.
3. Visit Killarney National Park, where you can take a jaunting car (horse drawn trap) trip; hire bicycles; take a picnic; explore the various walks within the Park
4. Take a boat trip to visit Skellig Michael - if you climb to the top you will see the 6th Century monastery, and the island is a nesting place for puffins.
5. Walking - the Kerry Way is a waymarked walking way running for 215 km round the Iveragh Peninsular. The scenery is stunning; the walking is not too difficult. Directly behind our house, you can climb the mountain, access is through our field, when you get to the summit you will see an amazing Atlantic view, and if you walk along the bridge towards the sea, you can climb down and walk towards Rossbeigh Strand. There are countless other local walks, and one of my favorite is walking around Rossbeigh Strand which takes about 2 hours. Print outs of various walks are available in the owners information booklet.
6.Golf - Dooks is approximately 6km from the house - 18 holes with spectacular views overlooking Dingle.
Killarney, at 35km has two 18 hole championship courses, Kileen and Mahoney's Point.
Tralee Golf Course approx 45kms away is a sensational links course with beautiful scenery and sea that sparkles like champagne - if you can take a swim!
Waterville, which is along the Ring of Kerry, is another fine links course, and has been the practice course prior to the British Open for some famous players including Woods.
Ballybunnion, at 75km, has two championship links courses (the Old and the New courses).
7. Fishing - local skippers will take you out be it for a few hours; half a day or day long excursions.
Rossbeigh Beach is a good place for shore line fishing, and is especially famous for bas fishing.
For freshwater fishing there are many lakes and rivers for salmon abd brown trout. The salmon season runs from 9th February to 30th September and trout from 15th March to 12th October. Caragh Lake is approximately 10km away and local gillies are available. Salmon are caught here, as they are on the Upper Caragh River. The river has 9 beats.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered