Strandhill is the perfect place to relax and unwind in a spectacular setting in scenic West Cork. This modern property was constructed in 2006 and has 3 spacious bedrooms (one en suite) all on the first floor. On the ground floor, there is a large open plan kitchen/dining room/sun room with large windows to enhance and enjoy the breathtaking sea views and with double doors leading to an outside patio area with seating, overlooking Coulagh Bay. There is also a cozy sitting room with a stove, satellite TV and DVD.
Castletownbere (9 km away) is Beara peninsula's main town and is also the largest white fish port in Ireland. There are supermarkets, coffee shops, pubs, restaurants, clothes and hardware shops in the town. There is mooring for yachts in the harbor and great sheltered sailing the haven of Bere Island. Neil Jordan shot the movie 'Ondine' starring Colin Farrell in Castletownbere and the Beara peninsula in 2008. An annual regatta is held here during the month of August.
The picturesque village of Eyeries (4 km away) has beautifully painted houses and flower displays on nearly every window. Parts of the TV series 'Falling for a dancer' were shot here in 1997.
Activities and attractions all within 10 km of the cottage include:
- Allihies village with its white sandy beach and Copper Mine heritage and museum
- Meditation Dzogchen Beara, a Tibetan Buddhist retreat center
- Beara Way walking routes passes by the house
- Dunboy Castle, home of the famous O'Sullivan-Bere family and the Puxley's, owners of the Allihies Copper mine
- Sea and Shore Angling
- Diving School
- Horse riding
- Sailing and Powerboating (25 km)
- Deep Sea diving (20 km)
- Canoing and Kayaking (50 km)
- Ferry trip to Bere Island, rich in maritime history
- Cable car trip to Dursey Island, Ireland's most westerly point, a remote island with beautiful walks
- Archaeological sites scattered around the peninsula
- Drive or cycle the Ring of Beara
- Visit and explore nearby towns of Kenmare (45 km), Glengarriff (45 km) or Bantry (50 km)
Set in a spectacular setting in scenic West Cork, Strandhill is a bright, spacious and well finished holiday cottage. It was built in 2006 with all modern facilities, a large garden and with stunning sea views across Coulagh Bay to the Ring of Kerry.
Located in Urhan, 4 km from the picturesque village of Eyeries, there is a pub, shop and post office 300 metres from the property while there are two stony beaches 1 km away.
The harbor town of Castletownbere with its bars and restaurants and Allihies, with its white sandy beach, are both 9 km away.
The Beara peninsula is an area of rugged beauty. Choose to relax and enjoy the stunning views from the bright lounge or patio or explore the area taking in some of the many popular activities that are available within a short distance including horse riding, cycling, hiking, walking, shore and sea angling, diving, canoing, kayaking, sailing, swimming and golf. There are also numerous historic attractions to visit on the Beara peninsula.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
July & August
Jun 28 2014 - Aug 30 2014
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||€250|
|Security deposit of €250 is payable on booking and this is refundable after the stay.
Rental fee is payable in full 6 weeks prior to arrival (or at time of booking if this is later).
|Notes||Rental rates include electricity and cleaning service fee - there are no hidden extra rates or fees payable locally.
No hen, stag or similar parties will be accepted on the property.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (EUR) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.