Wow there is so much to say and to explain.
1. The house is magnificent and the grounds surrounding the house gave us our own very private paradise. Super large interior, spacious kitchen area with plenty of room for our group of 12 adults and 4 kids.
2. Very short private walk to the beach. When you arrive at the ocean you can turn to the right and join the folks staying at the Iberostar resort or you can turn left and walk along the wall to your own private area. We virtually had our own beach if we wanted it by going to the left. We rented Jet Skis from the rental place right at the end of the short path and it was great.
3. We hired the private cook to prepare almost every evening meal. That was especially nice the day of arrival and anytime we went on an all day excursion. The food was great and Hema is a very good cook. We would suggest doing maybe half the dinners in house and then going out to eat in Playa the other half. It is just so fun and cool in downtown Playa.
4. We rented a 15 passenger Van from Concorde Rental Company and it was a great experience. The Villa owner can help you get to the rental car company in Playa. We had a shuttle company take us from the Cancun Airport to the villa and got our rental car the following day in Playa. Worked out much better for us that way. They even delivered it directly to the house and picked it up there a week later. We never had any issues with the local or state police. Driving was easy and the roads are great.
5. Amazing places to visit every day if you want to keep busy. We enjoyed Xel-Ha so much we went twice. We also spent a day in Akumal swimming with the turtlles, one day in Coba and one in Tulum. Maroma Beach is really close, just a few miles toward Playa and costs a little to enter but the food service there is fantastic and reasonably priced.
6. Martin, the owner, is great to work with and helped us out on numerous occasions. If anything went wrong he really did get it fixed asap. We really liked him and enjoyed having him come over and talk.