The pictures of property do not do a justice. The property is way better than advertised. The view from the porch is priceless. The beds are very comfortable. The living room is cozy and nicely decorated. The house is well maintained, and looks brand new. The sound insulation is very good. (We could have TV on and have loud conversations in the living room, yet the people in bedrooms do not hear much of that). The house does not have AC. We knew that when we rented, and we were a bit worried that we would be sweating during night time. It turned out our worries were false. We actually used blankets/comforters in August!. The whole house was well stocked with all essential stuff. We enjoyed bonfires each night.
Our kids (13-14 year old) had a hard time climbing to second story loft (they got scared), but we had managed to find a way around that (by changing the sleeping room arrangements)
The property is very isolated , and gives you the feeling that you are in the middle of nowhere. It was exactly what we were looking in this vacation. Perfect!
Neil (the owner) responded all of our questions in lightning speed, and was very attentive to our needs/concerns.
Improvement opportunities for the property are as follows:
• Kitchen: The can opener was not working. More storage containers would be helpful.
• Living Room: Curtains would be very helpful. The people sleeping in loft wakes up very early morning with all the light coming from living room windows.
• Porch: Another small table and two more chairs would make the porch much more functional. (Currently only 2-3 people can use the porch. It has such a nice view that it is unfair to the people who need to be inside the house)
• Entertainment: We could not make the DVD to work. The entertainment system was a bit complex to use/understand. A step-by-step instructions would be helpful.
• Internet: The house is advertised as having internet (in property description), but the internet is actually mot provided. That was a false advertisement. I strongly recommend the owner either to modify the property description, or to provide internet.
• Outside: Needs additional portable chairs for bonfire area (there were two portable adult chairs and two portable kid chairs only)
Overall, we have enjoyed our stay a lot. This property easily deserves a 5-star rating.