It is a charming rustic cabin with nice amenities. Wonderful location along the river which we thoroughly enjoyed just sitting on the deck listening to the river flow while drinking our morning coffee. Nicely located close to Plain for quick shopping. Don't miss the Plain Hardware store. It has a fabulous gift shop and the best expresso coffee. Just a short drive to Lake Wenatchee (great beach we almost had to ourselves) and Fish Lake. In the other direction Leavenworth felt like a short drive, so you can get to lots of shops and restaurants quickly.
The cabin had everything we could need in the kitchen. Living room and patio furniture comfortable. Tastefully decorated. Bathrooms were nice. Yes there are some rough unfinished edges inside but nothing that was awful. It just added to the rustic feel. Beds were comfortable too.
The cons, and some we could have called and resolved but chose not to as they didn't make or break our week.
1) We brought DVDs to watch at night but could not get the player to even eject, or stay turned on. We just spent more time visiting and that was a plus.
2) We wanted to use the fireplace one night but the instructions were not clear enough and we were unable to find "the button on the back" to begin the multi step process.
3) the hot tub had a pad lock on the cover. We found no instructions on where the key was. We gave up and chose to do without.
4) I was using the upstairs bedroom and the pillows were old, flat and wreaked badly of body odor. So badly I could not fall asleep with them on the bed. The sheets were clean, they just need to invest in new pillows. Thankfully my friend gave me a pillow from her room which was a nice pillow.
5). No WiFi. I looked at a lot of cabins before selecting this one and I would have swore I read they had WiFi, but I must have been wrong because when we got there the information said there was none. Had I realized that it would have been a deal breaker because I had unfinished business at work and a critical deadline on my son's student loan so we had no choice but to drive to Leavenworth each day so I could find wifi and keep things moving forward. If you really want to unplug this is a great cabin to do so. If you can't afford to be unplugged find a cabin with WiFi. I think the owners should remedy this.
6) the two living room window screens are bent on one side and it lets mosquitoes in.
In all we had a great time though & hope to return.