What a wonderful time we had staying at Matt's property. Matt was nothing but available for discussions or questions and was incredibly helpful with house and area information. We had 3 kids in tow and 4 adults. The adults had the bedrooms downstairs and the kids had a fabulous time in the loft area. The house was WELL equipped and WARM! The mud room was even warm enough to hang our ski jackets and leave our boots overnight so we didn't have to use all the space in the house. I was very surprised at how well the house heated up. Very insulated. The property was fun for the kids to run around and play unattended. Very safe area and the property is well maintained. The property was clean and well cared for. The instructions were clear and everything seemed to work as discussed, even down to lock box. The roads leading to the house are typical for this area. It will off load you onto gravel roads once close to the house, so make sure your car is prepared for that type of driving. Skiers won't find this to be a deterrent at all. They are typical mountain roads that you would find close to any ski area location and New England community. Very manageable.
We will certainly be back and would recommend it to our friends and family. We frequent this area, so the fun things to do and go to are as follows:
1) Adam's Farm sleigh rides through the woods
2) Mt Snow down the road and Stratton a half an hour away
3) Good places for dinner, Anchor Inn, Two Tannery Road, Old Red Mill, Dot's (casual side), Stratton Village.
4) Stores to shop in in Wilmington, quaint town.
5) Spa at the Grand Summit.
6) Decent restaurants on the mountain and don't forget the tubing and bon fires at nights for the kids. Lot's of family events at the mountain.
Thanks again Matt! Lovely location;-)