Kerstin and I celebrated our twentieth wedding anniversary at Heidi Marie's elegant log home. Best decision I could have made! The four-week stay was superb in every way! Much more was provided as amenities and personal attention to detail than in all my experiences over the many years renting houses and cabins for family gatherings throughout the US and in Europe. Heidi's warm greetings and attentive service, perfect location, great facilities, cleanliness, large rooms with well-appointed colonial decor furnishings and woodwork, makes you feel like you have taken an excursion back to a gentler time and place. Here are some special aspects to our stay:
1. Really quiet- esp. at night. Nice dark adjustable window shades
2. Ceiling fans throughout for warm nights. Portable ac for a bdrm
3. Front screened porch with perimeter lighting and giant swing is awesome
4. State-of-the-art kitchen with gourmet gas stove/oven and IR warming shelf, amble custom cabinetry, bread/pastry rolling counter, large frig, micro, fully stocked with spices and utensils/dishes and colorful ceramic bowls/mugs/plates, wine/beer glasses, etc
5. Light dimmers in every room to create mood lighting
6. Double sink bathrooms, custom cabinetry, even a back-lite makeup mirror
7. Superb hiking is everywhere. Take Prosper turnoff from Rt 12 and hike to the Pogue and then to Mt Tom south peak to see Woodstock from above- pick black and rasp berries at the Red Cedar Loop.
8. Want really good microbrew? Long Trail even has tours, and there's Harpoon for you Leviathon and Rye IPA lovers
9. King Arthur baking Institute/store is 40 minutes away. Take a class
10. Simon Pierce glass (two stores close by). Quechee store has a fab restaurant- get the Cheddar soup!
11. Quechee Gorge and Quechee Green are good scenic excursion walking areas
12. MUST VISIT (and buy from): Woodstock Elm Street Butcher, Gen Store, and the Phlox clothing & accessories for the ladies (they even sell Swedish embroidered jewelry made from reindeer hide & pewter thread)
13. You'll find the world's best Cheddar cheese anywhere
We could not have had a better four week experience anywhere. Always something amazing to do. Heidi Marie is tops as owner and hostess, SIX Star recommendation.
Thanks Heidi, you made our Twentieth Anniversary a very special one.