We stayed in this condo in Nov 2014. We are 2 adults & 2 toddlers. We debated between the resort thing vs. staying in a condo. The Villa ended up being great and I will have AMAZING memories of our visit. The low season meant no crowds, no reservations needed, big open beaches, all around goodness! Not only does a condo give you more space for less money. But it makes you go out and explore on your own vs. stay in the 4 walls of a big resort.
1. Logistics - Setting up the rental was easy! Simone was responsive and organized over email. She gave us perfect driving directions and we were able to get there easily at 10 PM at night where she was waiting. She checked in on us regularly and we had a late checkout.
2. Beautiful, modern, and clean - the Condo was beautiful with modern furnishings. We loved having two rooms for the adults and kids. The kitchen was stocked with the necessary tools.
3. Next to the beach - I was at first worried that we were not directly ON the beach. But its literally a 2 minute walk through the Grace Bay Club. Which is literally NO BIG DEAL. You walk out where there is a Villa attendant who will set up chairs and towels for you. Don't let the fact that this is not directly on the beach deter you. The beaches were stunning and walking across the street is easy.
4. Internet - worked really well there!
5. Parking - we rented a car so we could go exploring. The Condo has a free parking spot right next to it.
6. First floor is the best - this condo's back porch opened up directly to the hot tub and the pools. My kids LOVED running in and out and jumping into the hot tub. No running up stairs or going far. Literally we were right next to the hot tub. You don't have the big fancy pools at the resorts but for our little kids, these were perfect. Plus since it wasn't very crowded, we had them to ourselves much of the time. My one complaint was that sometimes there weren't clean beach towels available but that’s a small nit.
7. Phone – We were given a local phone with $10. Super helpful to make a few quick local calls to restaurants, activity providers, etc.
8. Washer/Dryer - When you're on a beach vacation, your clothes get dirty fast. With a washer you can pack less and always have clean clothes.
9. Great Location - Modern Grocery store within a mile and its right near the Salt Mills so you can easily head there for food or shipping.
10. Cleaning–mid-week cleaning is helpful