The cottage was very nice and clean, and would be perfect in the winter time. Both the owner and the property manager were friendly and answered our many questions promptly. The property manager was very accommodating and helpful. We would rent this property again if we returned to Mont Tremblant.
We spent one week at this property in August 2014. We had a lot of time to explore the house and its surroundings:
- The cottage is large enough for 2 families,(we were a group of 8; 4 adults and 4 small children under 5 years old). Each family had their own floor for sleeping with a large common living/eating area without feeling crowded.
- There is plenty of green space to play outside. We brought a sprinkler and toys for the kids.
- There is a nice selection of board games to use.
- The cottage is about a 10 minute drive to the Pedestrian Village, where there is lots to explore and some great restaurants. Grocery stores are only a few minutes away.
- On-site laundry was a bonus!
- The beds were very comfortable.
- We found a beautiful bike path a few minutes down the highway to ride bikes. (We drove there, as we didn’t feel comfortable biking on the busy highway with small children).
- The beach at Lac Mercier is very clean, easy to access and has lifeguards. Fee of $6 per adult, kids are free.
- The cottage is hard to find, there doesn't seem to be a house number for the cottage when you drive into the cul-de-sac.
- The floor is a soft pine, which is not great for kids to play on. We brought play mats and were careful of where the kids played, but not an easy thing to do if you want to relax.
- The beach within walking distance can only be accessed when the golf course is closed after 8pm. We were not able to find it after being pointed in the right direction/location. We were told this beach is not the greatest and were given alternatives to explore.
- Although the cottage is in a lovely location, there is nowhere to walk or bike with children. We felt we needed to drive everywhere we went. The main road is very short, and leads to a busy highway and the golf course is off limits during the day.