I took a getaway week at Sunnyhill hoping to work undistracted on my music, bike the Catskill Scenic Trail, and liberate myself from some of the frenetic, dehumanizing routes of "civilized life." Sunnyhill was the perfect choice for meeting these goals, a wonderful tonic for body and soul!
1. The sturdy a-frame is clean, organized, and comfortable. The carpet is brand new and a
treat for the feet!
2. The beautiful setting is exquisitely private. I often had the sensation of being in the only
campsite in an exclusive campground.
3. At the bottom of Decker Rd. is a pasture with almost twenty gorgeous miniature ponies.
At the other end of Decker, there are dozens of magnificent long-horned cattle. Patrolling
the house itself was a family of wild turkeys, two males and fourteen chicks!
4. I biked the Catskill Scenic Trail four times; especially enjoyable was pedalling down the
center of acres of tall corn heading south from South Kortright.
5. A personal hero, the nature essayist John Burroughs, grew up on a farm in nearby
Roxbury. His gravesite appropriately oversees the scenic fams and hillsides he and
his family stewarded.
6. No internet! No emails! No fear-mongering by media bullies!
7. George is a great host and a fine fellow. I hope to enjoy his hospitality again and again!