10 Things not in the write up.
1. No bugs! My family was really concerned that the combination of mountain + lake = bugs. From a 1 -10. They were a 2 at best.
2. Amenities. House had all new appliances: stove, refrigerator, dish washer. The cabinets were well stocked with good cooking utensils. Made preparing meals enjoyable.
3. Furnishings. Very well maintained and kept residence. Felt like a guest in the owner’s home. The bedrooms, bed spreads, and décor make for a very comfortable and relaxing stay. Layout is open so it feels spacious.
4. Very Good Entertainment system. Stayed there during the Olympics. Nice size flat screen TV with Bose sound system + good Wi-Fi connectivity.
5. Neighbors! Or lack of them on 3 sides. Behind it is a large open field, to the right (when facing the lake) is a farm. To the front is the lake, on the left is the owner’s other rental house.
6. Golf. Take advantage of the discounted evening rates at the nearby country club on 9N. Reasonable food and drinks at the 19th hole. Great Ice cream up the road as well!
7. Lake access. The lake is directly in front of the house across a large front yard. May be a good football field away. The access area appears to be a shared area (only 1 other neighbor was using it while we were there)
8. Canoe & kayaks. A bit old and well used. But price (free) is right. The beauty of the area is best from the lake! Early morning row, then coming back to have coffee on the Adirondack chairs on the front porch of the house overlooking the lake and mountains… absolutely priceless. Needless to say, the night time sky is remarkable.
9. Ticonderoga, NY. This is not a prosperous tourist destination. The local merchants appreciate your business and are very welcoming. There’s a local pride that makes you feel good about supporting.
10. Vacation where you come home feeling rejuvenated with wonderful memories.