We stayed at the house with a group of friends (10 people). the house is wonderful, huge, large open spaces, many windows and some really cool architectural features. Compared to other houses in the area at this time of the year, the price / night is very cheap. We enjoyed our stay and despite the negative comments below, would love to come back.
There are just a few things that I want to mention for future consideration.
- AFTER I made the booking and payment we were informed that you need a 4-wheel drive. And you do definitely need it if there's snow! We had three cars; one of them didnt make it up the dirt road leading to the house and the other one didn't even make it up the steep hill leading to the dirtroad
- the clean towels were hidden in the drier and we didnt find them until we started doing laundry before we left
- the upstairs bathroom doesn't lock
- there was no dishwasher detergent - doing dishes for 10 people is really no fun
- the sleeping situation is a little strange: there are 2 rooms with a queen, 1 room with 1 twin bed and 1 room with 2 twin beds (the beds are all quite short and not for people over 6'). the house is advertised to sleep 10 people, so the remaining 3 guests have to sleep in the living room on pull-out couches, but the couches can't actually be pulled out because of the way they are arranged in the room.
Sounds travels from everywhere in the house, especially from the open kitchen, to the living room so whoever sleeps there won't be able to fall asleep until everybody else does.
- the downstairs fridge was not working and the small fridge in the kitchen filled up quickly with food and drinks for 10 guests
Some guests mentioned that the house was not clean enough. This situation seems to have been fixed - or at least there were no complaints from our end.