If you want to stay somewhere that combines relaxation, a unique organic farm experience, and the option to take fun day trips, this cottage is for you.
We stayed on the farm for 3 weeks with our sons (3 & 6), and we didn't want to leave.
1. The cottage is casual and gorgeous with sweet country touches and a fabulous huge master bed. The windows and deck open out to a stunning view: fields, animals and mountains. We watched a mama turkey and her five chicks roam around below us each day. On another evening we enjoyed a rainbow across the vast sky.
2. The boys collected fresh eggs in the morning for breakfast, and we dined on wonderful organic meats (you have never tasted bacon like this), maple syrup, blueberries, and raspberry jelly, all from the farm.
3. The hosts were the perfect blend of true warmth and giving us space. Their wonderful children were the highlight of the entire trip for my boys. We loved learning about the farm, and they graciously took our kids berry picking, on rides, and other adventures.
4. The area offers many fun activities: we swam at the town beach, played mini-golf at Mt. Sunapee, hiked around the Fells, and drove up to Polar Caves (Awesome) and Clark's Trading Post (Wolfman!).
I cannot recommend staying here highly enough.
Thank you Marc and Meredith for creating and sharing such a special place.
1. They provided herbs/spices, bedding, and basics (garbage bags, TP, coffee filters, etc.) Thank you!
2. There is Internet access and one TV with cable & a DVD player. You can get your fix if you need to, but it’s not the focus.
3. There is an awesome sleeping loft for kids. My littlest was a bit too little, so we brought a blow up air mattress that fit easily into the floor layout of the huge master bedroom.