What an amazing and comfortable place! We spent a wonderful week at this beautiful home with my parents, five siblings & their spouses and six of the nine kids we have between us ages 7 - 20 (17 total). Everyone had a wonderful time – the kids were constantly in the water and when the rain hit we all played games and relaxed in the house. To borrow from Dan from NYC’s format, here is what we loved;
- Sitting in the beautiful screened in porch – this provided a wonderful place for our dad to hang out as he was not able to get down to the dock.
- The fully equipped kitchen – all the tools and utensils you could ever need.
- Sitting at the huge dining room table which served multiple purposes among them having family dinners with a view to the beautiful sunsets (you are pretty much facing due west) and engaging in some heated games of Scrabble (or as we call it Squabble)
- The beds which were really pretty comfortable!
- The “toys” – especially the canoe and kayaks
- The hot tub which got a lot of use
- The great location with easy access to farm stands and grocery
- Walking and kayaking around Black Cat Island
My brother handled the communications with the owner and said he was really responsive and easy to work with through the entire process!
I would only add that this is a really warm and comfortable place to spend a week and we are hoping to return next year!!!