An absolutely great vacation house for a group of 16 (9 adults, 7 kids ages 5-14).
Here's what we loved about the house:
- The house was fully stocked. The only thing we needed to bring were clothes and food. Nothing else. Things we brought that we thought they wouldn't have (e.g. Keurig), they had it.
- There was much more room than anticipated. The pictures make the spaces appear small, but they are not. We never felt like we were on top of each other. There were plenty of places to go inside and out.
- A screen house off the dining room was a very popular and comfortable spot for the older folks who wanted to stay out of the sun in the day, and stay away from the bugs at night - but still feel like they were outside with everyone else.
- Two refridgerators! A huge plus.
- The game room was a hit with the kids.
- The bedrooms and bathrooms were extremely clean, well kept, and spacious.
- The boats provided with the house (canoe, 2 person kayak, 1 person kayak, paddleboat) made for great fun and activity for the entire family all week.
- The lakefront setup was well manicured, beautifully lanscaped, and configured for maximum relaxation as well as activity. There was a great spot for the older adults to go in the water waist-deep. The kids swam to and jumped off the floating dock for hours on end (as did the adults). There are plenty of spots to just relax without being on/in the water as well (huge deck with plenty of seating, adirondack chairs in multiple locations, hot tub, screen house, hammock, bedroom balconies)
- A beautiful spot on the lake. Bring a sweatshirt for the early morning chill in the summer. Gorgeous sunsets every night. A few times a loon made his morning and evening dives for food just beyond the dock.
- The ownership was attentive, responsive, and clearly knows how to provide a space and atmosphere that allows a large group or family to have a wonderful lake house vacation.
Short story long, we loved the house. We ventured out to Weirs beach one day and the minute we got there, we just wanted to go back to the house. That's how much we loved being there and on the lake.
We will definitely be back to this house!