This is a great place for a weeklong family getaway in Silver lake. Everything is as advertised, and better.
Regarding the House:
- The house is very clean and freshly painted/updated
- We stayed with a family of 8 (4 adults / 4 upper teenage kids) for 3 of the days and then just he 4 of us for the rest of the week. There was PLENTY of room for all. Having the 2nd full bathroom is key.
- Washer and Dryer is a great asset so that we didn't have to bring a full week's worth of clothes, and good for cleaning towels during the week.
- Kitchen was fully stocked as advertised.
- Wifi and Satellite worked great. Even though I wished it wasn't there :) the teenagers appreciated it and is a must have these days.
- Beds/Pillows all very clean and comfortable.
Regarding the lot / area:
- Lot is AWESOME. I was somewhat concerned that since this is part of a "sub-division" we would be right on top of the neighbors. This is not the case at all. The lot is wooded on 3 sides and the only house you can see is the one across the road. This is not the case with most of the other houses in that same Flora-dale area.
- Firepit in back is great. Its somewhat set back from the house to give it more of a 'in the woods' feel.
- Front yard was big enough to have a Volleyball/badminton net.
- The pool is very clean and heated. For only a 200 foot walk you, we were able to take a morning or afternoon swim each day. The pool does get somewhat crowded with smaller children during the day. But hey, that's what its there for. I stuck to my 8:30 am swim :)
- The private beach is actually outside the sub-division. I was nervous about this as well, but really it was no big deal. Only a 5 minute walk down a gravel trail.
Regarding the boat:
- We rented the boat. This is a nice amenity if you plan to go out more than 3 times during the week. Which we did. Actually had a picnic lunch on the dunes one of the days.
- Plenty of water toys (tubes, etc.) in the shed which was key.
- IGA is located in HART about 15 minute drive. This is the only real supermarket in the area we could find. But there are plenty of smaller convenience stores in town selling most anything you forgot.
- Firewood is for sale everywhere, so no worries about that either.
All in all we had a great week. Ryan the owner was very accessible if needed and helpful answering questions before hand. We'll definitely come back on our next Silver Lake Trip.