We agree with everything Ruth C. said in her July 2014 review, below.
A few additional comments about this very special place:
• Overall impression of the property: Just the right note of casual sophistication, and a remarkable spirit of generosity in the way everything was freely shared. We felt like guests in the home of gracious friends.
• We loved the fabulous, fully-equipped kitchen. You can tell the owners are foodies! There were all the amenities, in abundance. The centerpiece is a professional grade six-burner gas stove. There’s no outdoor grill, but the kitchen cooktop includes a powerful built-in grill which was a joy to use.
• Can’t overstate the convenience of the short walk to shopping. Just a picturesque stroll to restaurants, groceries, ice cream, muffins, coffee, and even a place to buy wine at 8 a.m.!
• Only a few steps to the beach. Even on Labor Day weekend, it wasn’t noisy or overly crowded. The other days, we had it mostly to ourselves. The water is on the chilly side, of course.....but we found that after few minutes we acclimated and enjoyed long dips. (As other reviewers suggested, water shoes or sandals are a good idea.)
• The house’s included single kayak is great fun, as are the double kayaks and other water goodies rentable right down the beach.
• The outside shower is delightful.
• Fine large washer and dryer.
• The shelves of excellent books and CDs were irresistible. We mostly ignored the books and music we’d brought, and instead enjoyed this new treasure trove.
• Parking for two cars on the property, and free street parking nearby.