This was my first time using vacationrentals.com. I was in Boston for a family event that was to take place in Martha's Vineyard; we wanted to come early and play in Boston first. This is a small but well appointed apartment in the heart of the North End. The best things about this apartment are:
- location. It's just off Salem Street so close to everything, but on a quiet side street, so no noise or traffic problems
- fully stocked with amenities in the bathroom, nice soft towels, plenty of soap
- kitchen very well equipped for a vacation rental, including coffee maker and wine glasses, as well as dishwashing soap
- fold out couch; we weren't sure if our adult son would join us, so we wanted this just in case
- living room is good sized for 2 or 3 to hang out in
- the apartment was absolutely spotless
- Mark and Caroline (owners) were very helpful and easy to deal with. Caroline sent us directions and info that we needed in advance of our arrival, which was great.
Not much on the downside but, there is construction going on next door. What used to be an apartment upstairs is being gutted and the downstairs space is a restaurant being remodeled. Not sure what time you can start working in Boston, but the construction started at 7am on Monday and Tuesday. My guess is that it wasn't supposed to be that early. Depending on when you plan to stay, you may want to check to be sure they are done with the work. Oh, and I would have liked a dresser in the bedroom so we could unpack; there is only a closet.
Other than that, we really enjoyed the apartment. I've been to Boston many times, and this is easy walking distance to tons of things you want to do as a tourist, as well as a T stop and lots of great restaurants.