We hosted our wedding ceremony and reception on the property during our four night stay in June of 2013 and I am happy to say we literally had the perfect wedding. This review is centered around those looking at it as a potential wedding venue. For those looking to rent the property for a family vacation or group gathering, I would highly recommend it. Many of the comments below apply to either case.
- Grounds are beautiful and well kept with a large diversity of flowers and plants. Back garden slopes downhill into the lawn and makes for a very picturesque background for a wedding
- The house is charming with modern conveniences. Between the main and guest house, our entire wedding party was able to stay comfortably
- We had our ceremony and cocktail hour in the front and reception in the back, we had perfect weather and this plan worked great!
- Kitchen area was the main attraction for us, it’s a large open room with a living and dining area and opens up to an enclosed porch. Great room for gathering in
- We thought the location was great. It's about 10 miles from Provincetown and near some really great beaches. We booked a block of rooms at a hotel in Ptown and arranged a bus to shuttle guests back and forth. Winds up being an added expense, but made life easy and enjoyable for our guests who loved the whole experience
- Owner was flexible with walk throughs and is quick responding to questions
- Parking will be a bit of a challenge. We worked with the local school district to secure parking for the day and they were great
- You will need a bathroom trailer on the driveway, which is a short walk slightly uphill from the backyard. Probably only an issue for elderly, but something to keep in mind
- Neighbors don't seem to respond well to weddings in the neighborhood. The owners hired a police detail to be proactive, which turned out to be a good idea and all went well
- The properties day of wedding cooridinator did a great job for us, just make sure you understand your contract in advance of the event
- The owners, understandably, do not want vendors driving all over the backyard, so it's a bit of a logistical challenge to deliver equipment. Our vendors made it all work, my advice is to conduct walkthroughs so they are prepared
Hedgebound is a special property that I would highly recommend to those looking for a family vacation or small wedding in the Outer Cape area.