We stayed for a week with our daughter and family of 4 children ages 2-7years. The house is very clean, spacious, and has everything a family needs to have a comfortable vacation. Here are some points you may find helpful:
1. plenty of parking in rear of home- which includes a designated spot as well. Free parking on street as well.
2. Kids did not have to cross any streets to get the the boardwalk/beach. Just steps away with all your beach stuff.
3. Kitchen is supplied with everything you need- including a great set of knives. My husband and I are both chefs- so we fully enjoyed steaming crabs/muscles/clams/shrimp....you name it!
4. All appliances are immaculate and seem new. It was wonderful being able to dry beach towels and do a load of fresh laundry.
5. There is ample room in the dining room to eat as well as on the front porch- where we ate every meal (we were blessed with perfect weather every day).
6. Central air and backup air conditioner kept the house very comfortable.
7. There is a nice flatscreen in the living room and in the master bedroom. Lucky for us, we really didn't use the tv's much as we played games and exercised as a family instead.
8. Wifi- you can pick up the Howard Johnson wifi from across the street. If you sit on the front porch, you can also pick up optonline wifi very well.
9. The house is on the quiet side of town. You can walk the boardwalk and hit the bustle a few blocks down if you wish.
10. There is a Howard Johnson Hotel across the street. I was concerned about noise ...but it was quiet.
11. Everything you need is close by. We hardly used our cars.
The house was very spacious, enjoyable, and convenient. We felt right at home. We will definitely return next year.
Why go anywhere else??