We had a wonderful time at Nawadyn Estates, which was the location of our family reunion of around 27 people. We had so much fun here that I saw less of Maine than I expected---no one wanted to leave. I highly recommend this as a relaxing destination with plenty to do. Highlights include:
1) the property is clean and well-maintained. The grounds include beautiful flower beds. You'll want to spend time on the property itself to take it all in. This is not a place where you come to sleep and spend the rest of the time somewhere else.
2) there is so much to do on site. There is a full-size tennis court, a ping pong table in a well-maintained, clean game room, fishing equipment, kayaks, paddle boat, a row boat and a great area to swim. There is equipment for tennis, badmitton, croquet and more.
3) there are 3 well-sized kitchens, with the main house having a large kitchen that can feed the entire group. Often staying in a house with history such as this means cramming into a tiny kitchen, but that is not the case here. The kitchens are well stocked.
4) Diane is on-site and always available to help or answer questions.
5) a charming town is nearby that features a nice, clean movie theater and fun shops. We also enjoyed a one hour trip on a cloudy day (so I could peel the younger set away from the breach) to Storyland in New Hampshire--an amusement park geared to children 12 and under.
In total, we had a fantastic time and hated to leave. My children made memories to last a lifetime (including my youngest catching his largest fish to date). I highly recommend this location to others, especially those looking for a good family reunion site.