The house is very clean and lovingly decorated. The location is great, being close to several towns, Thomaston, Camden, Rockland, etc. We loved the ocean view and the rocky beach access right from the lawn. It feels very private with only the nature around you. I loves how bright the kitchen was and that it had a gas stove! I loved the reclaimed wood doors with several layers of paints shown through. It is just beautifully decorated inside and outside with a beautiful garden.
I already recommended the cottage to others and will likely to rent it again in the future. Here are potential negatives for some people that should help decide whether this lovely cottage is for you:
- cell phone reception for AT&T wasn't great where my text to a friend down the street took many hours (but the cottage has a land line phone)
- wifi worked well early in the morning but was very slow during the day
- there is just basic cable so don't expect to watch Red Sox on NESN
- very nicely maintained and clean, but don't expect modern bath
- obviously no AC being on the coast of Maine and it can get humid at times
- bring bug sprays for mosquitoes
I loved staying at the cottage and it reminded me of those cottages on the coast of Ireland.